Re: [SOCM-FORUM] The Supreme Court Judjment

  • JOHN PHILIP
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 6, 2001
      Dear Father,

      I Think the copy published in the forum was a typed
      copy of one Fr. Punchakonam of Methran faction, so
      there may have been some spelling mistake etc. such
      as'Marthoma Syria Orthodox Church'. I don't have the
      exact copy, but have read an advt. in Manorama,
      published by Devolokom church.

      Now about using ,'Malankara Metropolita', yes it is
      not mentioned so in that particular portion, there is
      again a controversy regarding this. The Catholicose
      even now insists on using it and said so, may be under
      compulsion from the extremists from his group. But
      unfortunately he is falling prey to these fellows who
      is always trying to keep trouble in the Church. If he
      is so sincere to conduct the election process
      impartially and smoothly, he may not try to make such
      statements, such as that he made at Nedumbassery
      Airport, a day after the latest judgment. But that's
      the problem which this Church is facing for so many
      years now.

      John Philip

      --- "Fr. John Kunjukunju" <fatherjohnkk@...>
      wrote: > Dear Reji, I have some doubts about the
      wordings.
      > Why the court abreviated the name of Defendant while
      > appelent is in full. When we never use that title
      > 'Most Rev' how the court got it. The name of the
      > Church does not fit
      > in well. There is no mention not to use 'Malankara
      > Methran' in the call to meet. Will you please try to
      > get an official copy and publish. Love, Fr John KK

      For Stock Quotes, Finance News, Insurance, Tax Planners, Mutual Funds...
      Visit http://in.finance.yahoo.com/
    • John Philip
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 9, 2001
        On 10th Dec, the Church celebrates the 125th
        anniversery of the ordination of Saint Gregorious as
        Metropolitan at the North Paravur St. Thomas Church

        Visit :-
        1. http://www.parumalathirumeni.com

        A new web site on North Paravur Church will be
        inaugrated today at the function. Following the public
        function, the Holy Episcopal Synod will be convened in
        this Church.

        Web site of Paravur Church

        2. http://www.stthomasjacobitechurch.net/