Mr. K G George Honored as Chevalier

  • John Cherukunnel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2010
      Mr. Kodath Geevarghese George of the St. Peter’s Cathedral, Trivandrum, was honored as Chevalier of the Church by His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas, the Patriarch of Antioch and All the East. He is the younger brother of the first Metropolitan of our Malabar Diocese, His Grace the Late Lamented Samuel Mor Philexinose, entombed at the St Peters & St. Pauls Cathedral, Meenangadi. The honor was conferred by The Catholicose of the East, His Beatitude Aboon Mor Baseliose Thomas I on 6th of June 2010 at the St. Peters Cathedral, Trivandrum, in the presence of Metropolitans, His Grace
      Elias Mor Athanasius and His Grace Paulose Mor Iraneus. Bar Eto Briro Dr. Babu Paul and Commander Dr. C A Ninan felicitated.

      In Trivandrum when it was God’s will to build a church in His chosen place in the heart of the capital, Mr. George did yeoman service as the Convener of the Church Construction Committee. He later served as the Trustee, Committee member, Sunday School Headmaster, Inspector and Diocese Representative. He actively served as the Prayer Group Secretary till 2009. He has been serving at the altar continuously for the past 66 years from a very young age and still continues actively in all church matters.

      Photos:
      http://www.socmnet.org/News/KGGC1.jpg
      http://www.socmnet.org/News/KGGC2.jpg

      Posted by