UNIFORMITY OF OUR CHURCH CHOIR - Abraham Paul

  • Dn. Aniss Sowmy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2010
      It is known that the deacon or priest, master's choir, in any of our Syrian Orthodox Church must have complete dominium or master all the tunes and their musical variations of our Beth Gazo church book.

      To create a harmonical and uniform chanting, my father Deacon Abrohom Gabriel Sowmy (1913 - 1996)and his firstborne, Deacon Bassim Ibrahim Gabriel Sowmy (1946) registered all those tunes in two volumes of the collection KTOBO DMARDUTHO DSURYOYE where they registered in ocidental musical notes with the aramaic songs so that any one that read ocidental musical registers (solfejo) can reproduce the correct Syrian Church Music or play it on any instrument such as piano or violin or any other instrument.

      Those books are exibited in our St. Mary's Church here in Brazil, please see www.siriacaort-santamaria.org.br and access cultura (culture).

      If anyone wants to reproduce, such work we only ask to display in his text from where it was taken, even to print it and distribute it amongs our choirs, churches, monasteries, etc...

      It is important to say that even the Syrian Catholic Church, the Caldaic and the Maronite Church use the same hymns that we use and are already using those publications.

      Respectfully
      Aniss Ibrahim Sowmy
      Deacon
      Syrian Orthodox Church