Is there a Daniel on earth today, Lord?

  • Shibu Podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2010
      Lord, Let Me Be a Daniel: Help Me to Pray As Daniel Prayed
      Is there a Daniel on earth today, Lord?

      Daniel and his three friends were taken captive to Babylon (AD 605, the first deportation of the 70 year captivity) while very young. They were made eunuchs and their names changed. Daniel lived a long life as a government official, a statesman and a prophet of God until death (BC 537) in the court of heathen monarchs.

      Daniel lived a life of prayer, and study of the Word. God unfolded future things to him in his old age. Daniel's life is an example both for the young and for the aged. As a youth, Daniel kept himself pure concerning food and he gave himself to prayer. He continued his life of prayer, fasting, and devotion to God's Word in his old age. Neither his success as statesman nor the worldliness around him hindered him from fulfilling his calling to bear witness to the power
      of God.

      Dan. 6: 6-10: Daniel faced towards Jerusalem as he prayed kneeling three times daily, and gave thanks. Our hearts should be for Jerusalem (the Church) as we kneel down to pray. Daniel was in his eighties. Lord, may the spirit of prayer be granted to me to follow Daniel's example in prayer.

      Dan. 6:16 & 20: Daniel served God continually.�Let me serve you continually, Lord.

      Thankful for your prayers;

      Shibu Podiyan
      Washington D.C