Re: Publishing the Holy Bulls from Patriarch and Catholicose publicly?

  • Joy Thanangadan
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 7, 2010
      Dear Mr.Vineeth,
      Shlomo!

      I just wanted to highlight my views on the above said subject. I am not here to argue or judge in this regard. I appreciate your concern. We should not think that this is against of our Faith and tradition towards our Holy Church.

      I don't see any problem in publishing Holy Bulls from Patriarch or Catholicose in our web site/public forum after reading in our churches. We are not publishing all our Holy Bulls. Vineeth,the entire world must know about Goorgan and his team's real face.

      I have seen the positive side of this Holy Bull and not given much weightage of the publishing in our respected forum, which may also be important.

      As you mentioned, Yes If the Holy Bull is from our Patriarch we will sing "Paulose Sleeha" and lighted two candles on left and right side of the priest who holds the BULL with extreme Respect and Reverence. Then the priest or Metropolitan stops with Prayers. Even the same with HB Catholicose's or other Metropolitans Bull!

      Vineeth, As we all know that our Holy Bible is now available on line. Is there any issues or disrespect to the Holy Bible?

      I am not comparing anything. But�for an example, In our home country, any function (Republic day, independence day etc..) as mark of respect when ever national anthem is played all people stand up and sing national anthem. Am I right? Standing is a posture of respect, which is why we stand to sing the national anthem and honor our flag. But if we watch these functions on the visual medias, Do we stand and sing? Do you think this is a disrespect to the country?

      Theologically, it's also correct for the people of the congregation to unify themselves with the hierarchies who is presiding, standing when they stand. The Church teaches that there is to be uniformity of posture as a visible sign of our unity as the Body of Christ. Vineeth, so we cannot deviate from our faith and traditions. It's a sign that we're humbling ourselves before Supreme Head of our Holy church.

      Let us not be so concerned about the "right" physical posture in this case that we lose track of the right posture for our hearts.

      Let HIS Name be Glorified.
      Regards in HIS Name.
      Joy Thanangadan
      ID 4061
    • Jinesh John
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 7, 2010
        Hi members
        The question by vineeth regarding the apostolic bulls being published in internet sites may caused doubts on several other areas of Holy practices in the church being available in the internet ;for example,several videos of Holy Qurbana are there in youtube which are seen by all type of people;we can't expect every viewer to give respect to the Holy Qurbana;we may see even vulgar comments in youtube;same way publishing the bulls is only a minor issue;even after reading the Apostolic bulls in churches,we can hear different interpretations and crticizing views about it among the various groups;regarding the crticisizing by the IOC media and priests,why should we bother about their downtroden comments and views;just take it as mimics artists imitating and teasing the eminent personalities.
        regards
        Jinesh John
        id 4003