Re: Holy mass secrete sections photography

  • Cecil. K. Varghese
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 26, 2010
      Thomachen,

      You wrote "Rahasya sisrusha" that should berahasya sisrusha let it be in its place, photo and video are for public viewing. Personally I don't like the broadcast or telecast of Holy Qurbana, because I believe the Holy Qurbana, (Queen of Sacrament) is performing by the priest and the church together after a long preparation from the evening prayer of Saturday. This is performing in the holy place in the church. People are now listening audio version in the car, house, tea shop, where ever they want. At the same way telecasted or broadcasted versions are viewing or listening a place where it should not be; this is against my personal belief.

      On the other hand, Malayalees are all over the world, some places like Saudi Arabia, still we are not able to worship in public, so we have no church to worship. People in similar locations are forced to wait for their vacation to attend the Holy Qurbana. In this case telecast or broad cast is a blessing to them. Instead, people residing less than a mile from the Church is sitting at home and watching Holy Qurbana is not favorable. Qurbana is not for watching like a movie, with full heart everyone should participate with the priest then only we can receive the blessings from God.

      Cecil. K. Varghese
      ID #890
    • Dn. Anish.K.Joy
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 27, 2010
        Dear Thomas Achen,

        Its nice to raise or post such a valid opinion... But I think we should ask ourselves who's all videos / photos are published while celebrating the Holy Eucharist. I suggest this opinion because not everyone do this. So just expressing my opinion rather than a mere YES or NO...

        Thanks

        Yours in Christ
        Anish.K.Joy (Ephudiakno Joseph)

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Varughese wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > Inviting your opinion about the photography / filming the secrete sections/times (Rahasya sisrusha) from our Holy mass.... are you supporting or not ...?
        >
        > Thomachen
        > Singapore
      • Abilash Mathew
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 27, 2010
          Hai all

          As per my opinion it is not supportable to take the photography / videography of holy mass secrete section because what our church teaching as to memories on that moments are not happened on publicly.

          With best regards.
          Abilash Mathew Chenagalimattom
          ID 4201