Re: PENTECOST SERVICE BOOK

  • Mathew G M
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 26, 2010
      I don't know Mr Joykutty. However I think its not fair to critize him and say that he is translating the books and publishing it online for his own glory. There is no way for one person to know the intentions of the heart of another.

      One thing is a fact. There are not many electronic versions of the prayers available online. The new generation reads and refers to more things online than on paper based books. For example I read the Holy Bible online than using the paper book. It allows me to search and easily find passages.

      There are very few prayer books that are available online. One that I can think of is the the 'Sleeba Namaskaram' translation by Very Rev Mani Rajan Cor Episcopa.

      So if there are very few official church translations available online, how can we find fault with someone taking the initiative to do it himself.

      Now in certain cases, I feel some people go overboard for the glory of their own family or the glory of their own departed family members.

      For example look at the "Thira Sheela" (veil before the altar) in the photo below.
      http://tinyurl.com/3ywe9mr

      There is nothing wrong with having a person's name on the veil, but isnt it going over board?

      Mathew G M
      0929