SELF CORRECTION

  • Joykutty
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2010
      SELF CORRECTION

      Ref. is made SOCM Digest No. 3351 dated June 26, 2010 item No. 5a by Chev. Thomas Abraham of Bahrain.

      Thanks for your kind write up. I am an old man with so many sicknesses that include two-heart stent and one balloon and had a surgery on August 4, 2008. I am not to your age or health condition. Dear Brother you did a wonderful thing and I appreciate.

      First you try to compile a book like that I did and understand that how much pain. I used to work until two in the night. I wish to give candlelight to the world. I wish to burn for others; provide you permit me for it. I am not interest to give any publicity about me. I am not as richer as you. I am a very poor man.

      Even you do not know where SOC prayer books are publishing; it is not in Puthencruz. With in the small write up you did a great spelling mistake of Puthencruz.

      Those who all know me shall say about me. I never try to give much
      publicity about me; otherwise there were so many opportunities for it, which I never used it; because I do not believe it. Most of all our SOC people and Priests know me shall say that what I am doing.
      I never translate any of our books or transliterated. You can look our Syrian books and find out that the materials that I am using in the books.

      Instead our Priest uses two books (Malayalam and English) with this one book they all can perform the occasions. I never asked any one to use it. I just announced that this one book is available, if you like to use it otherwise forget it. That mean you have jealous. As on to-day, I have compiled a total of thirty our prayer materials. You can very well ask to Moolelachhan or our HE Thithos about my books and me. While listening that oxen delivered baby never try to come with rope. Before you made a write up, you must seen what it is in Internet and refer with any of our Syrian books.

      Suppose SOC likes to publish any of my books under their name I have no problem for it and I have already given permission for it. The main purpose of my work is: There are many people who can not read, write or understand our Malayalam are able to follow up with this materials and get blessings from our Lord. If you do not want that our people should not get any blessing from our Lord, of-course you can continue like this write-up. You must have love and affection. To concern about others is the definition of Love. To sacrifice for others is the definition of affection.

      May God Bless You,
      With Prayers and Love,
      Joykutty, Detroit
    • Chev. Thomas Abraham
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4, 2010
        Dear Mr. Joykutty,

        Thank you for your reply and many sarcastic comments on me. Please accept my apologies, if I hurt your feelings through my previous message, which was not at all my intention.

        However, I would like to point out the following facts to you:

        1- You mentioned that "Even you do not know where SOC prayer books are publishing; it is not in Puthencruz. With in the small write up you did a great spelling mistake of Puthencruz".

        My apologies for making the spelling mistake in the name 'Puthencruz', but I am happy to note that you did understood what I meant. Secondly, since you are NOT a Jacobite Church member, but only an IOC member, I am sure now you are not aware that presently our 'Seminary Publication' is NOT the only one which is publishing Jacobite Church publications, as used to be in yesteryears. FOR YOUR INFORMATION, THERE IS AN OFFICAIL PUBLICATION DEPARTMENT FOR OUR CHURCH IN PUTHENCRUZ, NAMED AS "JSC PUBLICATIONS, PATRIARCHAL CENTRE, PUTHENCRUZ", WHICH PUBLISHES OUR CHURCH'S LITURGICAL BOOKS. Hence what I mentioned in my previous message is correct only. As you mentioned in your reply, may I also suggest you "While listening that oxen delivered baby never try to come with rope".

        2- You mentioned that "I am jealous on you".

        I am sorry to state that your 'senior citizen' status and its maturity is not showing in this comment. Why should I be 'jealous' on you??? I am not an 'author' like you, to be competing with you in making liturgical service books, and got jealous on your works!! I feel pity on your silly comments like this sir.

        3- You mentioned that "I never translate any of our books or transliterated" and also "Instead our Priest uses two books (Malayalam and English) with this one book they all can perform the occasions".

        If you have 'never translated any of the books or transliterated', then ofcourse the '30 books compiled by you' and regularly advertising in SOCM & ICON, are your own creations know? Have you got any written approval from the Jacobite Church heirarchy, for its use in Jacobite Churches; or at least from Theethose thirumeni, who knows you personally as you mentioned in your mail?? No Jacobite Church members or parishes are allowed to use any liturgical books written by a laity, without the official authorization from the church heirarchy. This is what I mentioned in my message. If your works are approved ones from our heirarchy, why you didn't answered/clarified this point in your reply?? I doubt you got any such approval for your works from your own Church heirarchy even. For your information, like many other service books of bilingual language, we even published a 'tri-lingual taksa' for our priests use. If you want a copy of it for your priests, please contact Moolayil Achen for it, whom you know personally.

        4- You mentioned that "Suppose SOC likes to publish any of my books under their name I have no problem for it and I have already given permission for it".

        Dear Mr. Joykutty, please don't try to underestimate Jacobite Church and its capabilities in producing and/or publishing liturgical books, catering to our Church members needs. As I see now, our Church doesn't need any other Church member's liturgical creations for using in our churches. We still follow the centuries old liturgies written by saintly people, which is continuing to be the blessings and strength of our Church. Your IOC Church also using these books, with slight modifications made here and there to suit your requirements.

        Dear Sir, I am not against you publishing any of your books. Why should I?? It is your wish. I was cautioning my church members against using it, as it is not an approved one for my Church. A simple search in SOCM & ICON archives will show how many times you advertised about your books there.

        I don't want to continue this thread any more, but wrote this reply only as a clarification to your reply message.

        May God bless you abundantly with health and wealth.

        Regards

        Chev. Thomas Abraham - Bahrain.
        Member Id # 879