Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1913 , Jun 24, 2010
      "Let us then not be proud of nobleness of birth according to the flesh, but though we have ten thousand famous ancestors, let us use diligence ourselves to go beyond their excellences, knowing that we shall gain nothing from the diligence of others to help us in the judgment that is to come; nay, this will be the more grievous condemnation, that though born of righteous parents and having an example at home, we do not, even thus, imitate our teachers."

      St. John Chrysostom.

      "Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, Vengeance is Mine, I will repay, says the Lord." Romans 12:19
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1913 of 1913 , Jul 13 4:07 PM

        "Brethren, to escape God’s punishment and attain mercy from Him, one must sit alone at the end of the day and search his soul and ask, ‘What have I offered my serving angel to convey to the Lord?’ Even when the night is over and day breaks, we must continue to search our souls to discover what we have offered to our guardian angel to deliver to God. We should never doubt, even for a single moment, that each of us, man or woman, young or old, who has been baptised in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, has an angel responsible for him until his death. This angel conveys and raises our deeds day and night, to God. Not because God does not know what we are doing. On the contrary, God knows every detail, as it is written, ‘God’s eyes are watching continuously, and everywhere, the evil doers and the righteous’. However angels are servants appointed by God for those who are going to inherit salvation."

        St. Shenouda the Archimandrite, A Homily said in the First Hour of Monday of the Holy Pascha.

        "Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him."  James 1:12

        The Bible reading for the 7th of Abib, July 14, is:
        33 Then He came to Capernaum. And when He was in the house He asked them, What was it you disputed among yourselves on the road? 34 But they kept silent, for on the road they had disputed among themselves who would be the greatest. 35 And He sat down, called the twelve, and said to them, If anyone desires to be first, he shall be last of all and servant of all. 36 Then He took a little child and set him in the midst of them. And when He had taken him in His arms, He said to them, 37 Whoever receives one of these little children in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me, receives not Me but Him who sent Me. 38 Now John answered Him, saying, Teacher, we saw someone who does not follow us casting out demons in Your name, and we forbade him because he does not follow us. 39 But Jesus said, Do not forbid him, for no one who works a miracle in My name can soon afterward speak evil of Me. 40 For he who is not against us is on our side. 41 For whoever gives you a cup of water to drink in My name, because you belong to Christ, assuredly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward. (Mark 9:33-41)
        Departure of St. Shenouda (Shenoute), the Archimandrite.
        Martyrdom of St Ignatius, Bishop of Antioch, in Rome.

        The Bible reading for the 8th of Abib, July 15, is: Matthew 4:23-5:16
        Departure of Beloved St. Anba Bishoy.
        Martyrdom of St. Piroou and St. Athom.
        Martyrdom of St. Balanah, the Priest.
        Martyrdom of St. Epime (Pimanon).
        Departure of Cyrus (Karas), brother of Emperor Theodosius.

        The Bible reading for the 9th of Abib, July 16, is: Matthew 18:1-9
        Martyrdom of St. Simon Cleophas, the Apostle.
        Departure of St. Cladianus (Celadion), 9th Pope of the See of St. Mark.

        Prayer Requests:

        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.
        Urgent: Magda - Cancer.