May the Departed Soul Rest in Peace – Late Mr. Babu Paul Maracherril

  • Rev. Fr. Mathai Varkey Puthukkunnathu
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30 6:10 AM
      Then I heard a voice from heaven say, "Write: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." "Yes," says the Spirit, "they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them." Revelation 14:13

      My humble self join with the multitudes of Syrian Orthodox Faithful, Clergy, and Spiritual Fathers in mourning the passing of our beloved Late Mr. Babu Paul Maracherril.

      His dedicated and exemplary services to the Holy Church, especially at our Saint George Syrian Orthodox Church in Kuwait, will be remembered and cherished for years to come. I express deep regret and condolence to the bereaved family and pray that the departed soul may Rest in Peace.

      When our family lived a couple of years in Thankalam, Kothamangalam, Babu's family and we were neighbors, although I met him only once or twice; being he in Kuwait. However, we have known his parents and his family at large for a long time. I thought about him when I read the unpleasant news about his sorrowful demise. Then I read the following article he wrote in the SOC Digest,

      http://www.socdigest.org/articles/01oct05.html

      The article is a portrayal of his strong faith and devotion to the divine providence.

      Prayers,
      Rev. Fr. Mathai Varkey Puthukkunnathu
      Vicar, St. Ignatius Elias III Syrian Orthodox Church, Atlanta, USA