Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1568 , Jun 22, 2010
      "If, as the Psalmist says, 'All the glory of the king's daughter is within' (Ps. 45:13.LXX), how shall we seek it somewhere without? And if, as St. Paul says, 'God has sent forth His Spirit into our hearts, crying: "Abba Father" ' (cf. Gal. 4:6), how shall we not pray in union with the Spirit that is in our hearts? And if, as the Lord of the prophets and the apostles says, 'The kingdom of heaven is within us' (cf. Luke 17:21), how shall we not find ourselves outside the kingdom of heaven if we strive to alienate our intellect from what lies within us? 'An upright heart', says Solomon, 'seeks conscious awareness' (cf. Prov. 27:21.LXX), the awareness or perception which he elsewhere calls noetic and divine (cf. Prov. 2:5.LXX)."

      St. Gregory Palamas.

      "The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree, He shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon. Those who are planted in the house of the Lord Shall flourish in the courts of our God." Psalms 92:12-13
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1568 of 1568 , Feb 7 6:32 PM

        "A burning-glass only sets fire to wood, paper, or any other combustible material when we place it in such a position that the rays of the sun, concentrated in the focus of the glass, being all concentrated upon one point of the object, will act upon it through their entire combined power, and thus direct upon the object, as it were, the whole sun on a small scale. It is thus also during prayer, when our souls are warmed, vivified, and inflamed by the wise sun - God, when through our intellect, acting like the burning-glass, we direct upon our heart, as the spiritual point of our being, the mental Sun, and when it acts upon the heart with all its singleness and power."

           St. John of Kronstadt.

        "Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth."  Colossians 3:2

        Prayer Requests:

        Hanna - Heart surgery
        Ursula - Another surgery
        Evelyn - Cancer
        5 years old Luke and 8 years old Cassie - Health issues
        Daoud - Peace.
        Edith D.
        Christina P.
        Dena T.