Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1374 , Jun 22, 2010
      "If, as the Psalmist says, 'All the glory of the king's daughter is within' (Ps. 45:13.LXX), how shall we seek it somewhere without? And if, as St. Paul says, 'God has sent forth His Spirit into our hearts, crying: "Abba Father" ' (cf. Gal. 4:6), how shall we not pray in union with the Spirit that is in our hearts? And if, as the Lord of the prophets and the apostles says, 'The kingdom of heaven is within us' (cf. Luke 17:21), how shall we not find ourselves outside the kingdom of heaven if we strive to alienate our intellect from what lies within us? 'An upright heart', says Solomon, 'seeks conscious awareness' (cf. Prov. 27:21.LXX), the awareness or perception which he elsewhere calls noetic and divine (cf. Prov. 2:5.LXX)."

      St. Gregory Palamas.

      "The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree, He shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon. Those who are planted in the house of the Lord Shall flourish in the courts of our God." Psalms 92:12-13
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1374 of 1374 , Apr 27

        CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

        "When a man is enriched with heavenly treasure -- and I mean the presence and the indwelling of Him Who said: 'I and the Father shall come and make our home in him,' -- then such a man knows in his very soul what immense grace he has received and what great happiness he contains within the palace of his heart. He speaks to God like one friend to another, and in all boldness stands before the face of Him Who dwells in light inaccessible."

           St. Symeon the New Theologian.

        "My defense is of God, Who saves the upright in heart. God is a just judge, And God is angry with the wicked every day."  Psalm 7:10-11

        Prayer Requests:

        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        Mina, I.