Terminal Uniqueness and Miracle Needs

  • Rev. Fr. John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2010
      Terminal Uniqueness and Miracle Needs

      At the end of fasting for the Apostles, Fr John Brian talks about the
      miraculous power given to the Holy Church - the needs for the miraculous and the problem of terminal uniqueness.

      This sermon lesson uses the readings and services appointed from the
      Malankara Syrian lectionary and was given on Sunday, June 27, 2010 by Fr. John Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      "Thanks be to God for His incomparable gifts." 2 Corinthians 9:15

      LISTEN ONLINE HERE:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2010/06/terminal-uniqueness-and-miracle-needs.html

      Prayer for the Festival of the Apostles on June 30

      O Almighty Master, Lord our God, Who didst choose Thy beloved Disciples and Apostles for the preaching of salvation to the whole world, and didst give them power to loose sins: accept their intercessions for the human race, which Thou wilt judge with them: for we, unworthy though we be, make bold to ask them to make entreaty for us, as Thy friends, and most honourable in our sight; for much availeth the prayer of the righteous for our souls' salvation.

      All ye holy Apostles, chosen of God, ye that were especially pleasing unto Christ, who rooted out godlessness and planted the True Faith, help us by your powerful intercession before the Lord, that we may be delivered from every evil and wile of the enemy; that we may be firm in keeping the Orthodox Faith committed unto you, in which Faith, by your prayers, we be not lessened through wounds, nor curses, nor widespread mortality, nor by any wrath separated from our Creator; but living a peaceful life here, may be found worthy to see the good things in the land of the living, glorifying the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit, now and ever, and unto ages of ages.

      Amen.