Remembering my beloved Babu chachen

  • Dr. Boney Kuriakose PhD
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2010
      For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 1 Cor: 15:21-22

      Babu Paul Maracheril or Babu chachen as I used to fondly call him is once person whom I have never met in my life. It was very unfortunate for either of us that in spite of the many thoughts we shared, the e-mails and the chats we had, we never got an opportunity to see each other personally. I met him through a series of official e-mails he sent me when I was in Chennai, India. He also introduced me to the SOCM forum and the Global prayer chain many years ago. I was in constant touch with him and used to chat with him regularly on the internet. He was very proud of being a Jacobite Christian and always tried to infuse that spirit into every person he met. I had the privilege of reading a number of articles that he used to send me by e-mail especially regarding church and other matters. He used to ask me for my humble opinion and also do occasional proofreading of the articles. Even on the morning of his departure he has send me an email and therefore it was shock and despair when I saw the news in the late evening.

      Later in our conversations we realised that his mother was distantly related to my Mother's family in Kothamangalam and that he had studied with my Mothers cousins. He insisted that he was like my maternal uncle and that I should call him chachen. We shared every little thing in our families' ever since. He was always helpful and had given me contacts of people he knew in South Africa when I moved here.

      To a person that I have not met personally and belonging to the next generation, he used to tell me about his children and their studies, their job. I vividly remember that my wedding and his daughter's wedding dates were close and so we could not attend each others. I was looking forward to meeting him sometime in the near future.

      It is by God's will that he has been called to his heavenly abode so young in life. His demise has left a void in my personal sphere. He has been a guide and teacher for many including the vast number of Sunday school students he taught. I leave my hearty condolences to his family and pray that Almighty give them the strength and courage to look ahead. His life and dedication to the Holy church should remain an inspiration to all.

      With heartfelt condolences and prayers

      Dr. Boney Kuriakose PhD
      Pretoria, South Africa
      # 0963