Mr. Babu Paul Maracheril, a role model to all Jacobite Christians

  • Mor Coorilos Geevarghese
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2010
      Dear moderators

      I could not believe my ears when I heard the shocking news about the untimely demise of our beloved Babu Paul Maracheril. He was a true Christian and was a role model for every Jacobite Christian. His departure from this world is not only a great loss for our St. George Universal Syrian Orthodox Church, Kuwait, but also for our entire Church. His faith in the Antiochean tradition was unflinching and devotion to the gospel, profound. As a member of the church board, senior altar servant, headmaster of Sunday School and so on, Babu Sir was an integral part of the life of the church in Kuwait. I gather that he died when he was getting ready to go the church for the VBS class. Just before God called him back to eternal rest, he had talked to the VBS students about the need 'to be prepared for death'. This shows how prepared he himself was for eternal life! Personally, for me it is a great loss. He was a genuine friend of mine who has been leading the solidarity initiatives for 'Theeram', our programme for mentally challenged children. Babu sir was one of the pillars of "friends of theeram' chapter in Kuwait. We will surely miss him and I know no body can replace him in my mind. My prayer is that God will grant him eternal bliss and comfort his wife and children as they struggle to come to terms with the sudden loss of their dearest one. On behalf of the Niranam diocese and the theerm family, I offer my prayerful condolences to the bereaved family.

      ninte mahathvamudikkum nal
      nilkanamivan valabhagathil

      with prayers

      Geevarghese Coorilos thirumeni