Some points to remind church office bearers

  • Noby C.Mathew
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2010
      Shlomo in Christ,

      During my visit to our own holy churches I noticed one bad practice ,that is spenting money for unnecessary things like remodification over the currently modified churches .At the same time lot of Jacobite faithful are praying for their own  building  or land for the  worship. In other part ,our own faithful are  begging for the  money  for their or their relatives's treatment. Lot of spiritual organisations in our own church are   obstacled by financial  constraints  in the meanwhile   churches who have the biblical  obligation to help  the poor and  needy people  ,are spenting money for  decoration of churches  rather than  maintanance of churches .That  money  will go to the contractor who has undertaken the work. So the  church will be deviated from its  prime duties. I know some of our spiritual organisations like St Paul's Mission ,Honavar Mission,MJSSA  are suffering from lack of money that  will hinder their function.

      St Paul's Mission is one of the spiritual organisations  under the leadership  of HG Geevargeese Mor Koorilose Metropolitan ,  is delivering  biblical  messages  to the Christian and Non Christian people ,establishing churches  and schools to the believers  who are  out side Kerala.  They are in an aim to extend their  function to  all states  of India .Lot of misiionaries  staying in the field  are  in a pathetic condition. Even though  they are not  worried about the lack of facilities  or house ,more over  they are  engaged in  the charity  works in the field .So inorder to reduce the  financial  burden  over  spiritual organisation  each of  the  large  churches like Marthomman Church Kothamangalam ,Mulanthruthy chuch,Manrcad Church,Kuruppampady church etc  should  sponsor  the  missionary work in a state or they can sponsor  the  church buildings in the  field rather  than  spenting money for modifications . So  they  can participate in the gospel work of  our  church. So I believe that  the administrative people of our church will rethink and take a positive decision

      Noby C Mathew
      SOCM ID -4206
    • Bino
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 26, 2010
        Hallo noby,

        I am fully supporting your idea about our mission field. I am sugesting that , now we have one spiritual organisation methran, H.E should start with one misson for other asian countries like Sri lanka, Nepal etc.....

        Bino

        From the desk of the Moderator: