Disciples' Joy

  • Rev. Fr John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2010
      Disciples' Joy

      During the Fast for the Apostles, Fr John Brian talks about the power given to the seventy disciples and, by extension, to Holy Church. Using Luke Chapter 10, Father John Brian explains the reason Christ gives warning to the rejoicing disciples.

      This sermon lesson uses the readings and services appointed from the
      Malankara Syrian lectionary and was given on Sunday, June 20, 2010 by Fr. John Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission
      Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      Prayer for the Festival of the Apostles on June 30
      (June 29 is the festival end of the Apostle's Lent and the memory of Ss Peter and Paul)

      O Almighty Master, Lord our God, Who didst choose Thy beloved Disciples and Apostles for the preaching of salvation to the whole world, and didst give them power to loose sins: accept their intercessions for the human race, which Thou wilt judge with them: for we, unworthy though we be, make bold to ask them to make entreaty for us, as Thy friends, and most honourable in our sight; for much availeth the prayer of the righteous for our souls' salvation.

      All ye holy Apostles, chosen of God, ye that were especially pleasing unto Christ, who rooted out godlessness and planted the True Faith, help us by your powerful intercession before the Lord, that we may be delivered from every evil and wile of the enemy; that we may be firm in keeping the Orthodox Faith committed unto you, in which Faith, by your prayers, we be not lessened through wounds, nor curses, nor widespread mortality, nor by any wrath separated from our Creator; but living a peaceful life here, may be found worthy to see the good things in the land of the living, glorifying the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit, now and ever, and unto ages of ages.

      Amen.

      LISTEN ONLINE HERE:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2010/06/disciples-joy.html