PENTECOST SERVICE BOOK

  • Joykutty
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 20, 2010
      PENTECOST SERVICE BOOK
      Pentecost service book mixed with complete English and Malayalam compiled is now ready for use. Please open www.indianchristianity.org, scroll down to orthodox worship and open. If any one needs its hard copy, please contact me. Contacting particulars of mine is printed in the book. Those who want make more copies at your end are permitted. Please print out 5 ½ x 8 ½ paper of the book at your end.

      May God Bless You,
      With Prayers and Love,
      Joykutty, Detroit
    • Chev. Thomas Abraham
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 24, 2010
        Dear friends,

        I often see this "advertisement" of Mr. Joykutty about his translated books, in SOCM and ICON forums. I feel our people should be aware that he translated (Or transliterated) the books and spreading it over internet, even without his Church (IOC) heirarchy's permission. It is for 'his own' glory and NOT for "HIS" glory!!! IOC got their own official books and ofcourse we, jacobite church, got our own official books. It is pertinent to point out here that our official book publishing centre in Puthercruz had done a wonderful job in re-publishing all the necessary books for prayers, catering to the needs of even outside India people. Why SOCM need to give publicity for this 'self proclaimed' authors, who doesn't have any affiliation to our church??

        If any of our people need any type of prayer books, let them contact the publication department of our Church and get the official books.

        Regards

        Chev. Thomas Abraham - Bahrain.
        Id # 879

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Joykutty wrote:

        > PENTECOST SERVICE BOOK
        > Pentecost service book mixed with complete English and Malayalam compiled is now ready for use. Please open www.indianchristianity.org, scroll down to orthodox worship and open. If any one needs its hard copy, please contact me. Contacting particulars of mine is printed in the book. Those who want make more copies at your end are permitted. Please print out 5 ½ x 8 ½ paper of the book at your end.
        >
        > May God Bless You,
        > With Prayers and Love,
        > Joykutty, Detroit

      • Mathew G M
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 26, 2010
          I don't know Mr Joykutty. However I think its not fair to critize him and say that he is translating the books and publishing it online for his own glory. There is no way for one person to know the intentions of the heart of another.

          One thing is a fact. There are not many electronic versions of the prayers available online. The new generation reads and refers to more things online than on paper based books. For example I read the Holy Bible online than using the paper book. It allows me to search and easily find passages.

          There are very few prayer books that are available online. One that I can think of is the the 'Sleeba Namaskaram' translation by Very Rev Mani Rajan Cor Episcopa.

          So if there are very few official church translations available online, how can we find fault with someone taking the initiative to do it himself.

          Now in certain cases, I feel some people go overboard for the glory of their own family or the glory of their own departed family members.

          For example look at the "Thira Sheela" (veil before the altar) in the photo below.
          http://tinyurl.com/3ywe9mr

          There is nothing wrong with having a person's name on the veil, but isnt it going over board?

          Mathew G M
          0929