SPIRIT COMPASS

  • Rev. Fr John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2010
      SPIRIT COMPASS

      There is a process of waiting for the Holy Spirit. We are told some of this in the writings during the period of time when there's a waiting time in the church's calendar. But during the post-Pentecost season, and until the time of the apostles themselves, we are told that the Holy Spirit is already with us and that the Holy Spirit has been with us. We know this because the Holy Spirit - and we say it all the time - is the giver of life. And so as we breathe and have life, the Holy Spirit is with us. What is it that we wait for?

      READ MORE of the transcription of a sermon delivered extemporaneously on Sunday, June 7, 2009 at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission Chapel in Madison, Wisconsin.
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2010/06/holy-spirit-compass-text.html