Metropolitan Kallistos Ware

  • Mark Sedrak
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2010
      The aim of the Jesus Prayer, as of all Christian prayer, is that our prayer become increasingly identified with Jesus the High Priest within us, that our life life should become one with His life, our breathing with the Divine Breath that sustains the universe.

      Metropolitan Kallistos Ware
      The Power of the Name
    • Mark Sedrak
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 23, 2012
        A person is far more that the conscious mind; besides the brain and reasoning faculties there are emotions and affections, the aesthetic sensitivity, together with the deep instinctive layers of the personality. All these have a function to perform in prayer, for the whole person is called to share in the total act of worship.

        Metropolitan Kallistos Ware, The Power of the Name
        http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/p/5568542/the-power-of-name