Rejoicing in hope

  • Shibu Podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2010
      Rejoicing in hope

      Rom.12:11-13: not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.

      Reading from The Amplified Bible: Never lag in zeal and in earnest endeavor; be aglow and burning with the Spirit, serving the Lord. Rejoice and exult in hope; be steadfast and patient in suffering and tribulation; be constant in prayer. Contribute to the needs of God's people [sharing in the necessities of the saints]; pursue the practice of hospitality.

      Let me rejoice, Lord: Rejoice and exult in hope, Looking for your coming � the blessed hope, Titus 2:13,
      You are my hope, Lord Jesus, 1 Tim.1:1.

      May I find grace to be patient in any trouble, Lord,
      Trusting that that your work in me is being perfected, Ja. 1:4.

      "glow and burning with the Spirit�
      May I continually thirst for the Spirit, Lord, John 7:37,38;
      May I continually be filled with the Spirit, Eph.5:18-20.
      May the Spirit awaken me to pray constantly. Amen.

      "rejoicing in hope"� Let us fix our hope on the coming of the Lord Jesus, and rejoice � this joy is abiding, and draws our hearts to prayer.

      "patient in tribulation"� Joy helps us to be patient in suffering and tribulation; patience works perfection in us, Ja.1:4; patience keeps us in peace, Luke 21:19.

      "continuing steadfastly in prayer" Trials and afflictions are almost always with us, thus making us needy for prayer, Ja. 5:13; we have always reason to give thanks, Ps. 103:2; 1 Thess. 5:18; always there is someone needing our prayer; always there is some work of the Lord needing our prayer; and, often the Spirit shows us something to repent for, Job 42: 5,6. Let us set our hearts on praying unceasingly.

      "distributing to the needs of the saints" In giving to needy saints, we are giving to the Lord.

      "given to hospitality" When saints come to our home, it is like the Lord Himself being our guest.

      Learning to rejoice in hope,

      Shibu Podiyan�
      Washington D.C