Condolences

  • Mor Coorilos Geevarghese
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5, 2010
      It is with a great sense of sadness that I am writing these few
      lines from Edinburgh. I was saddened to hear the news, through malankara syriac voice, about the untimely demise of one of our most committed and devout members of the Church, Com. Dr. P.A. Jacob. Babuchayn, as we affectionately called him, was a born leader and vesatile genius. His industrious nature and commitment was widely appreciated. His love for the Church and the Holy Throne of Antioch was rock solid. He made significant contributions and made a huge impact in the social, ecumenical, and cultural spheres of our Kerala life. I have fond memories of our time together when we went to the Holy Land a couple of years ago with our Catholica Bava thirumeni. At this moment, I want to particularly acknowledge the support Babuchayan and his family gave me and for Niranam diocese. I regret the fact that I could not be present at the funeral as I am away in the United Kingdom. My prayer is that the bereived family members will find solace and comfort from God as they struggle to come to terms with the loss of Babuchayan's physical presence with them.

      May the good Lord grant him eternal bliss and peace.
      I offer my heart felt condolences

      Geevarghese Coorilos thirumeni
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 31, 2010
        Real Threat

        Sunday 31 October evening, our lady of salvation, a catholic church raided by Islamic militants and killed at least 37 worshippers, including the priest. The witness says,” They came to the prayer hall and immediately kill the priest”.

        Is there any end for these types of killings The History, the logic, the faith, the action, and the Quran say, emphatically thousand times-No, not at all? Are we leaving in a fool’s paradise?

        America or any other nations couldn’t protect any Christians killed by Muslims. In Pakistan, Sudan, Nigeria, Morocco, Turkey, Egypt Indonesia, 100’s are slited in the name of Islam and still continuing. But where are UN, USA and other so called protectors of human rights? All continue their business as usual, as if nothing happened. By a word of condemnation they stop, that can be done by any fools. But we need action. An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth is the base for Islam, then what logic is applying here for peace In the roof tope of 1000’s of Minarets, 5 times a day, we hear, there is only one God that is Allah, all other believers should be brought under Islam by any hook or crook, that is the faith of one and a half billion population. Action of Muslims speak very loudly we killed, we are killing and we will kill, till the end of the age. Number of pages in Quran kept apart how to hate and kill others for the sake of Quran and God.

        1:All Christians, no time left us to stay neutral, unite together, and all petty quarrels in the name of comas and periods in the bible and traditions and faith and Color of the vestments of the orders should go in to the cold storage, at least

        2: The hate pages in any religious books should be removed from the print and electronic medias.

        3: Murder in the grab of anything should be eschewed

        4:Christians should practice Christianity” Love your enemies” that should start from our own houses. But a defense system should be emerged.

        5; Educate the real threat and dangers of Islam to the younger generation.

        6:We should under stand that goodness is not the birth right of Christians only .All human beings are created by the essence of God- love, joy, peace and eternity. But the people are blinded by false truth.

        We express our condolences and prayers to the families of Iraqi victims.

        Jesus, protect us from the killers .All in the name of Jesus

        Love

        Paulose achen
      • Ref. Fr. Paulose V V
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 9, 2011
          My condoleneces to the relatives of Late lamented Mor Julios Kuriakose, the members of Simhasna churches, and our church at large.
          Pary for the departed soul of Julios Thirumeni.

          Paulose Achen
        • Rev. Fr. Jerry Kurian Kodiattu
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 9, 2011
            Dear moderators,

            I join with several others in the church in offering condolences to all the members of the Jacobite Syrian Orthodox church and family members at the untimely death of our most beloved metropolitan of Simhasana churches, H.G. Dr. Julios Mor Kuriakose. He will be remembered as an able administrator, and a sincere and holy father. His grace was the secretary to the Patriarch for a number of years and was well versed in Syriac and Arabic among other languages. Go in peace our spiritual father. May we remember you in our prayers and follow your teachings in our life. Do pray for us. May God give us the peace which passes all understanding at this moment of grief.

            Prayers,
            Jerry achen.
            (Fr. Jerry Kurian Kodiattu)
            I.D. no. 4500