Ephudiakno Joseph - first Jacobite completed Master of Theology specializing in Biblical Studies (OT and NT)

  • SOCM Moderators
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2010
      Dn. Anish K Joy (Ephudiakno Joseph) residing at Fort Kochi and belongs to St John's Syrian Orthodox Church, Vadakara, Koothattukulam, parish completed his Master of Theology specializing in Biblical Studies (OT & NT) from JNANA DEEPA VIDYAPEETH, a Pontifical Institute of Philosophy and Religion, Pune. Deacon passed his M.Th with High First Class. This course in JNANA DEEPA VIDYAPEETH, Pune, is the first higher level Biblical Course in India giving importance to the biblical languages, Greek and Hebrew. The first batch was started on 2008 and he was one among the 13 who graduated from this Institute.

      As per our understanding, Ephudiakno Joseph is the only person in Malankara among the Jacobites from India who has a M.Th in Biblical Studies with both Old Testament and New Testament along with the advanced level qualification in biblical languages Greek and Hebrew together. There are few Doctoral Priests/bishops who are Biblical Scholars but their M.Th is either in Old Testament or New Testament.

      We congratulate our beloved Ephudiakno Joseph on this achievement and request everyone to uphold him in your prayers.

      M.Th Certificate copyURL http://socmnet.org/photos02/18May2010/anish_certi_Mth.jpg

      In Our Lord's Love
      SOCM Moderators