How God has spoken to us

  • Cecil Varghese
    Message 1 of 3364 , Jun 2, 2010
      How God has spoken to us

      Today, all of us led a complex and busy life. Do you think something in our life today is more urgent than listening to God? I don't think; if we need a relationship with a person we have to converse with that person in any one of the available means. The simplest way to communicate with God is to listen to God; speak to God. Here is a question does God speak to us today also? Our bible confirms that he does. In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways (Ref: Heb 1:1-2). If you read carefully Psalms 81; will give us answer to the question why God speak to us�. Now let us go to the main subject. How God has spoken to mankind? He spoke to us in 8 ways:

      1. Direct revelation
      2.� Dreams
      3.� Written words
      4.� Prophets
      5.� Circumstances
      6.� Angels
      7.� Jesus Christ
      8.� The Holy Spirit

      I.� Direct Revelation

      This is an audible voice of God; many examples are there in the bible. He talks to Abraham "Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will show thee:" (Gen 12:1). He talks to Moses at the burning bush “When the LORD saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, "Moses! Moses!"�And Moses said, "Here I am. (Exodus 3 -4)

      II.� Dreams and Visions

      In the bible particularly in the OldTestment we can see the examples of God's Communication to people by means of Dreams.� Joseph had a dream, and when he told it to his brothers, they hated him all the more� (Gen: 37:5-11),� In new testament an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins." �(Mathew: 1:19-25), and "He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius"�. (Acts: 10:3)

      III.� Written words

      God loves human; he give two tablets of stone which is written commandments with his own finger (Exodus: 31:18). This is another example of how God speaks to us.

      IV.� Words of Prophets

      God choose many men and women to speak his words on behalf of him. He chooses the people refined them like Moses. These prophets talk to people only what God asked them to communicate. That is why what prophets say happens. Everything in their prophesy is the word of God.

      V.� Circumstances

      This is a different way God speaks to man. Look the example of Gideon (Judges: 6:36-40). In this example God by his mercy graciously give Gideon what he requested.

      VI.� Angels

      God spoke to his people through angels. There are many examples in the bible, according to bible angels are ministering spirits they do not come to us when we wishes. They only come when god thinks we need assistance from him (Luk: 1:26-38 Act: 12:1-11)

      VII.� Jesus Christ

      God has spoken to us through his son Jesus Christ. What Jesus said to us is the messages from God. We can believe Jesus Christ is the God's word made flesh.

      VIII.� Holy Spirit

      The Holy Spirit speaks to us, guide us, and remind us of the word of God. He direct every day of our life (Rom: 8:27).

      Above all these ways God speak to us today through other believers, saints, and spiritual leaders. Our problem is that we are not giving due respect to what we listen for example if somebody ask to us on Monday what was the Evangellion priest read on Sunday? Many of us can't remember. We can remember each scene of prime time Asianet serial telecast of last week. Finally we all have to make our own strategies to listen what God says to us. May God Bless You All.

      Cecil Varghese
      ID # 890
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 3364 of 3364 , May 1 5:25 AM