Re: Metran Kakshiudey Murumuruppu - Special edition of Viswassamrakshakan

  • Varghese Abraham
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2010
      Dear all,

      "Those who sit in glass house should not throw stones"

      "Remove the plank from your own eye before removing the speck from your brother's eye"

      The first is an old English phrase and the second a bible verse.What Viswasasamrashkan intended was to highlight the hypocrisy of IOC ledership.There was a lot of twisted news in the media, casting aspersions on SOC leadership.We the members of SOC do not have to blindly follow our leaders.Neither do we have to blindly believe whatever is dished out by the media in the name of enquiry.Both print and visual media are controlled by business houses with their own vested interest.Reports of news being published in return for money during last year's Andhra Pradesh election should be an eye opener to everyone.There are several other factors influencing the way news is published and the language used.By and large the print and visual media of Kerala are not entirely free of these ills.As far as SOC is concerned, it has the additional burden of the vast majority of its faithful being in the readership of the monopolistic Malayalam print media,Manorama, owned by IOC members.It does not hide its intentions while reporting church news.SOC has to be vigilant, internet is an effective medium for SOC to counter false propaganda. Viswasasamrashkan should not go overboard and publish gossip while trying to do so.

      IOC is our brethren, NOT our enemies.Each and everyone in SOC knows this.If not, they have not known God.However if your own brother contnues to repeat the same mistakes without repent,what do you do?

      "Yes, you forgive him several times.
      You pray for him whenever you stand before God.
      You try mediators(elders).
      Still no effect, you stop your interaction with him as your brother.
      Leave him to his own way."

      Well the above is also from bible.SOC has tried all the above steps(Not going through each since it is all history and will take up much space).We cannot approve of the unjust actions of IOC leadership.The vast majority of IOC faithful are also against this.Still hope one day IOC leadership will see reason.

      Regards,
      Varghese Abraham

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Mathew G M wrote:

      > My message has evoked strong reactions and I can understand my brothers feel that way. Let me provide clarifications.
      >
      > 1) I am not a member of the IOC. I am a Syriac Orthodox Christian of Malankara, who wants to maintain the canonical and historical relationship of Malankara with the Patirarchate of Antioch.
      >
      > 2) I am also someone who does not favor division. I pray always for the unity of the Church.

      From the desk of the Moderator: