His Holiness Patriarch Ignatius Zakka I Iwas will visit the UK vicariate on July 3, Saturday

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2010
      His Holiness Patriarch Ignatius Zakka I Iwas will visit the vicariate on July 3, Saturday.

      LONDON: The full council meeting of the Patriarchal Vicariate of UK concluded at St. John's Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church, Bethel Green, here. Patriarchal Vicar for UK and Metropolitan of Niranam Diocese H.E Geevarghese Mor Coorilos presided over. Members and representatives from all the regions of UK participated. The council extended its full support to Mor Coorilos.

      Election for the office bearers for the coming year also held. Rev. Fr. Raju Cheruvallil was elected as the Priest Secretary. Rev. Fr. Geevarghese Thandayath is the new Regional Secretary. Sri. Raju Velamkala was elected as the Joint Secretary. Jiby Andrews will be the new Treasurer and Thomas Mathew will be the Auditor. Rev. Fr. Raju Cheruvallil will be the convenor for the committee to construct new church at London.

      Patriarch Ignatius Zakka I Iwas will be welcomed at London on July 3.

      This year's family conference will be held at Belfast St. Ignatius Elias III Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church. Rev. Fr. Thomas Puthiyamadam will be the convenor for the conference.

      View Photos
      http://malankarasyriacvoice.com/Albums/UKCouncil2010/index.html