Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1347 , May 24, 2010
      "Nothing done in humility for the sake of God is bad. But things and pursuits differ. Everything not strictly necessary is a hindrance to salvation - everything, that is to say, that does not contribute to the soul's salvation or to the body's life. For it is not food, but gluttony, that is bad; not money, but attachment to it; not speech, but idle talk; not the world's delights, but dissipation; not love of one's family, but the neglect of God that such love may produce; not the clothes worn only for covering and protection from cold and heat, but those that are excessive and costly; not houses that also protect us from heat and cold, as well as anything human or animal that might harm us, but houses with two or three floors, large and expensive;...not friendship, but the having of friends who are of no benefit to one's soul; not woman, but unchastity; not wealth but avarice; not wine but drunkenness; not anger used in accordance with nature for the chastisement of sin, but its use a

      gainst one's fellow-men."

      St. Peter of Damaskos.

      "But he who glories, let him glory in the Lord." 2 Corinthians 10:17
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1347 of 1347 , Mar 10 7:22 PM

        "He who is quick to condemn others demonstrates that he has never truly stood in the presence of the Living God."

           H.H. Pope Kyrillos VI.

        "He delivered me from my strong enemy, From those who hated me, For they were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my calamity."  Psalm 18:17-18

        The Bible reading for the 2nd of Baramhat, March 11, is:
        35 On the same day, when evening had come, He said to them, Let us cross over to the other side. 36 Now when they had left the multitude, they took Him along in the boat as He was. And other little boats were also with Him. 37 And a great windstorm arose, and the waves beat into the boat, so that it was already filling. 38 But He was in the stern, asleep on a pillow. And they awoke Him and said to Him, Teacher, do You not care that we are perishing? 39 Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, Peace, be still! And the wind ceased and there was a great calm. 40 But He said to them, Why are you so fearful? How is it that you have no faith? 41 And they feared exceedingly, and said to one another, Who can this be, that even the wind and the sea obey Him!. (Mark 4:35-41)
        Martyrdom of St. Macrobius (Makrawy) the Bishop.

        The Bible reading for the 3rd of Baramhat, March 12, is: Luke 18:35-43
        Departure of St. Cosmas, the Fifty-Eighth Pope of Alexandria.
        Martyrdom of St. Porphyry.
        Departure of St. Hadid the priest.

        Prayer Requests:

        John B. - Peace