A broken and a contrite heart

  • Shibu Podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28 11:53 AM
      Ps. 51:17: Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall show forth Your praise. For You do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it; You do not delight in burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, a broken and a contrite heart— these, O God, You will not despise.

      [Heart = the hidden man, 1 Pet.3:4, the real man. Repentance for sin and forsaking of sin involves the real man. spirit often means heart.
      ]

      Lord, give me “a broken and a contrite heart.
      May I always find grace to deeply repent for my sin, Lord �
      This is your goodness, Lord, that the Holy Spirit shows me my sin, Rom. 2:4.
      My heart � may it be tender and humble before you, Lord:
      Broken for sin, and from sin: Truly sorry for my sin.

      May I be found a sacrifice - doing your will, Lord, Heb.10:7.
      May my prayer always arise from a humbled heart, Lord.
      I bless you, Lord, remembering that you heal the brokenhearted, Ps. 147:3;
      I bless you, Lord, remembering that you bind up their wounds, Ps. 147:3.

      May my lips show forth your praise, Lord:
      Praise and thanksgiving from a broken and a contrite heart -
      This, Lord, is your delight.

      Is there any hardness of heart in me Lord?
      Any sin I have not repented of?
      Show me, Lord; have mercy on me. Amen.

      Isa. 57:15: For thus says the High and Lofty One who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: I dwell in the high and holy place, with him who has a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones. Lord, may my heart be contrite and humble before you and be revived this morning in fellowship with you.

      Ps. 147:3: He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Lord, I need your healing. I thank you, Father, for the healing and comfort you give to the brokenhearted.

      Ps. 34:18: The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit. Lord, let me experience your nearness and your salvation. Amen.

      Drawing close to God,
      Bro. Shibu Podiyan
      Washington D.C