A most Exclusive interview with His Holiness

  • Chev. Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2010
      A most Exclusive interview with His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas Patriarch of Universal Syriac Orthodox church by "Melthodhaye" the Patriarchal Youth Organization.

      Dear Brothers & Sisters in Christ,

      The Patriarchal Youth Organization, www.melthodhaye.com , has recently published the first and only EXCLUSIVE interview with His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas, Patriarch and Supreme head of the Syriac Orthodox Chruch of Antioch and all the East!

      In this unique interview H.H reflects upon his life and his journey from childhood all the way to being ordained as Patriarch. H.H also speaks about his role as Patriarch and how a normal day is lived as the shepherd of the Syriac Orthodox Church.

      "If I preach, first of all I preach (to) myself, then I preach (to) the people."

      "The main thing for us, the clergy, is to fear God, to be in faith and to love one another. To love God, love our Lord Jesus Christ, and love our neighbour. And to serve our church, and to serve anyone that needs our service, in a sacrifice way, not to be selfish. To deny ourself for the benefit of our church and humanity."

      'We are proud of Melthodhaye which, in a short time, they took their position in the church as young people, the faithful, and holding (the) doctrine of our Lord Jesus Christ. And trying to set themselves (as) a good example to our youth. I want them and pray for them to continue working for the benefit of the church... And I want all our youth to be like them and love the church, God, and their neighbours."

      If you would like to hear more then please log on to www.melthodhaye.com and sign up!

      Sincerely in Christ,
      Melthodhaye Crew

      View the interview (Sign in required)
      http://www.melthodhaye.com/default.asp?itemID=435

      We request all readers to be a member of Melthodhaye