Metran Kakshiudey Murumuruppu - Special edition of Viswassamrakshakan

  • Viswassamrakshakan
    Message 1 of 6 , May 22 5:05 AM
      Metran Kakshiudey Murumuruppu - Special edition of Viswassamrakshakan
      http://socmnet.org/viswasasamrakshakan/Special_22May2010.pdf
    • Mathew G M
      Message 2 of 6 , May 23 6:38 PM
        In Vishasa Smarakshakan, I read about people and factions trying to destroy the Holy Church of our Lord.

        We should remember our Lord Jesus Christ established the Church. We don't have to be afraid about a CBI enquiry or criminal investigation destroying the Church. We should also remember that the Holy Church is not just one individual, no matter how high that individual is in the Church hierarchy. How high is the position of Apostles. It would be much higher position that any other Church position now. Still one of those 12 original Apostles, aided murder, the very murder of his own Lord. But that did not destroy the Church. So we need to remember that the Church is not just one Apostle, it is the communion of all believers.

        In the Gospel of Matthew 16: 18 we read "you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it."
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7elZOMD-0ic
        So when our Lord assures us that the gates of Hell will not prevail against His Holy Church, why are we unnecessarily worried about the Church?

        However, we have to be worried about ourselves as individual. The Lord commands us in the Gospel of Matthew 5: 44, "I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you." Are we doing this ? In the same Gospel in Matthew 5: 13 our Lord tells us : "If the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men."

        To respect a departed soul is expected of a Christian, even if that person is your enemy. So if we call a departed soul, no matter who it is, as Gunda etc, we have lost our flavor. We no longer will be the salt or the earth. Then in the words of our Lord, we become good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men.

        Let us not worry about the destruction of the Holy Church. Nothing will happen to it. The Lord guarantees it. Let us worry about us, individual members of the Church. Let us remember, it is not others who will destroy us, it is our own words and actions. Let us not loose our flavor.

        Mathew G M
        0929

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Viswassamrakshakan wrote:

        > Metran Kakshiudey Murumuruppu - Special edition of Viswassamrakshakan
        > http://socmnet.org/viswasasamrakshakan/Special_22May2010.pdf

      • Sajy Thannikkottu
        Message 3 of 6 , May 24 11:26 PM
          Probably a message in SOCM-Forum in recent times which attends the reality. The very moment we come out of our congested mentality & accepts the reality we will be qualified to call ourselves a member of a holy church. Otherwise our churches are only a building with the outlook of a church.

          Let us understand church is not for an individual, but individual is for a church.

          regards

          Sajy Thannikkottu, Kathmandu
        • Shibin Maaniyara
          Message 4 of 6 , May 26 5:03 AM
            Dear Mathew,

            I agree to the fact that we dont have to be afraid of CBI enquiry. But we have to be prepared to face the foul plays of other faction to utilize the situation. In the name of a "Gunda of Metran Kakshi" we should not allow any one from their side to simply point fingures at our leaders to destroy the God's Church. ie the Syriac orthodox church. As "Metran Kakshi" dont have a valuable priesthood we cannot consider them as part of Holy church.

            Even a child around perumbavoor knows who was "Parisudha Thombra Varghese". So i would like to say what Viswasa Samrakshakan being the voice of each Jacobites, done a good job by timely replying to their false allegations....

            Shibin...
            4006

            Message 5 of 6 , May 27 12:00 PM
              My message has evoked strong reactions and I can understand my brothers feel that way. Let me provide clarifications.

              1) I am not a member of the IOC. I am a Syriac Orthodox Christian of Malankara, who wants to maintain the canonical and historical relationship of Malankara with the Patirarchate of Antioch.

              2) I am also someone who does not favor division. I pray always for the unity of the Church.

              3) I don't see members of the IOC as enemies. I view them as brothers, who are holding an opposing point of view about church hierarchy and administration while holding to the same core elements of my faith in Jesus Christ being the Lord and Savior as expressed by the Holy Bible and the Three Ecumenical Councils.

              4) As a member of the SOC, I have love and respect for our Church Hierarchy. However I have no blind allegiance to any member of the Church Hierarchy. Unlike the Roman Catholics we don't hold our Patriarch or Catholicose as infallible. While they are high priests, they are still humans, sharing the same Adamic fallen nature of man.

              5) I also believe that the Holy Church is not a caste based society like the NSS or SNDP. We have a much higher responsibility. We have to be the light to this world; we should be the salt of the world. Others should see how great our Lord is and glorify him, when they see how we live and act.

              6) The two factions of the Malankara Church call each other the "Society". I have seen the SOC refer to IOC as "Devalokam Society" and IOC refer to SOC as the "Puthenkuriz Society". We get very offended when we hear that. The truth is that if our actions and words are not any better or morally superior to that of the Nair Service Society, then we become just the "Syriac Service Society". We no longer become eligible to be called the Holy Church, ie the bride of the Lord.

              7) I don't know Mr. Thombra Varghese. However we have to be careful about our words. I am not saying that anybody has said this; but we cannot even imply that "He was bad, so he deserved to be murdered." We need to feel sorry for his family, and pray that he may be comforted in the bosom of Abraham, Issac and Jacob. When we do this, we are following our Lords commandments.

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAEoAqhveGg#t=03m02s

              Let us remember :

              (Matthew 5: 23- 24) Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.

              (1 John 4: 20) If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?

              Now, if you ask me, why I not telling the samething to the IOC, I am. However the moderators of their forum, due to whatever reason will not publish what I send them. I am glad that the SOCM-FORUM moderators allows full freedom of expression.

              Mathew G M
              0929
            • Varghese Abraham
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 2, 2010
                Dear all,

                "Those who sit in glass house should not throw stones"

                "Remove the plank from your own eye before removing the speck from your brother's eye"

                The first is an old English phrase and the second a bible verse.What Viswasasamrashkan intended was to highlight the hypocrisy of IOC ledership.There was a lot of twisted news in the media, casting aspersions on SOC leadership.We the members of SOC do not have to blindly follow our leaders.Neither do we have to blindly believe whatever is dished out by the media in the name of enquiry.Both print and visual media are controlled by business houses with their own vested interest.Reports of news being published in return for money during last year's Andhra Pradesh election should be an eye opener to everyone.There are several other factors influencing the way news is published and the language used.By and large the print and visual media of Kerala are not entirely free of these ills.As far as SOC is concerned, it has the additional burden of the vast majority of its faithful being in the readership of the monopolistic Malayalam print media,Manorama, owned by IOC members.It does not hide its intentions while reporting church news.SOC has to be vigilant, internet is an effective medium for SOC to counter false propaganda. Viswasasamrashkan should not go overboard and publish gossip while trying to do so.

                IOC is our brethren, NOT our enemies.Each and everyone in SOC knows this.If not, they have not known God.However if your own brother contnues to repeat the same mistakes without repent,what do you do?

                "Yes, you forgive him several times.
                You pray for him whenever you stand before God.
                You try mediators(elders).
                Still no effect, you stop your interaction with him as your brother.
                Leave him to his own way."

                Well the above is also from bible.SOC has tried all the above steps(Not going through each since it is all history and will take up much space).We cannot approve of the unjust actions of IOC leadership.The vast majority of IOC faithful are also against this.Still hope one day IOC leadership will see reason.

                Regards,
                Varghese Abraham

                --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Mathew G M wrote:

                > My message has evoked strong reactions and I can understand my brothers feel that way. Let me provide clarifications.
                >
                > 1) I am not a member of the IOC. I am a Syriac Orthodox Christian of Malankara, who wants to maintain the canonical and historical relationship of Malankara with the Patirarchate of Antioch.
                >
                > 2) I am also someone who does not favor division. I pray always for the unity of the Church.

                From the desk of the Moderator: