Metropolitans are blessings to the Holy Church : Catholicos

  • Malankara Syriac Voice
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6 9:24 PM
      Metropolitans are blessings to the Holy Church : His Beatitude Catholicos Baselios Thomas I.
      His Beatitude and newly consecrated metropolitans were given reception at Manarcad Cathedral

      MANARCAD, KOTTAYAM: Metropolitans are a blessings to the Holy Church, said His Beatitude Catholicos Baselios Thomas I at Morth Mariyam JSO Cathedral here on May 05, Wednesday. Holy Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church is growing all over the world with the efforts and pastoral care of all metropolitans, Baselios Thomas I said. His Beatitude inaugurated the public function held after the reception given to His Beatitude and newly ordained metropolitans of the church Their Graces Dr. Mor Clemis Kuriakose (Idukki Diocese), Mor Irenios Paulose (Kozhikode, Australia & New Zealand Dioceses), Mor Osthatheos Ishaq (Mylapore, Delhi Dioceses), Mor Philoxenos Zacharias (Malabar Diocese) and Mor Barnabas Geevarghese (Spiritual Organizations). Hon. Members of Kerala Legislative Assembly N Vasavan, K C Joseph, Very Rev. E T Kuriakose Cor Episcopus, Rev. Fr. Mathew Manavath spoke.

      Later His Beatitude led the Evening Prayer at the Cathedral.

      View Photos
      http://malankarasyriacvoice.com/Albums/ManarcadCathedralRecetiontoMetropolitans/index.html

      Reports from Mathrubhumi
      http://malankarasyriacvoice.com/News/manarcad.welcome.may06.2010.JPG

      The feast of St. George here concluded on May 06, Thursday. Secretary to the Holy Episcopal Synod and Metropolitan of Kochi His Grace Mor Gregorios Joseph led the Holy Tri Mass at the Cathedral at 9.00 AM. Later Rassa was held at 2.00 PM followed by Nercha at the Cathedral
      premises.

      View Photos
      http://malankarasyriacvoice.com/Albums/ManarcadCathedralFeastofStGeorge2010/index.html