Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1347 , Apr 26, 2010
      CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

      "O heavenly grandeur! O glory and honor of man! He is humble clay, but he is also divine breath! A time will come when he will change. 'For dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.' The words of our Creator shall be fulfilled. But what will happen to the divine inbreathing, the divine breath? Just as the dust will return to the dust, likewise the soul, which is the inbreathing of God, will return to God. Yes, but how? When it came forth from God, it was a fragrant divine breath, but is it so now? No, it is not. So, what will happen? Purification is necessary - tears, mourning, pain. For you have saddened God, your Benefactor and Father, Who is so good, Who glorified you - the clay - so much, Who gave you His divine breath. These deeds of repentance will purify you by His grace. So then, weep and mourn so that He may restore you to your original state."

      Elder Joseph the Hesychast.

      "Come now, and let us reason together, Says the Lord, Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool." Isaiah 1:18
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1347 of 1347 , Mar 10 7:22 PM

        "He who is quick to condemn others demonstrates that he has never truly stood in the presence of the Living God."

           H.H. Pope Kyrillos VI.

        "He delivered me from my strong enemy, From those who hated me, For they were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my calamity."  Psalm 18:17-18

        The Bible reading for the 2nd of Baramhat, March 11, is:
        35 On the same day, when evening had come, He said to them, Let us cross over to the other side. 36 Now when they had left the multitude, they took Him along in the boat as He was. And other little boats were also with Him. 37 And a great windstorm arose, and the waves beat into the boat, so that it was already filling. 38 But He was in the stern, asleep on a pillow. And they awoke Him and said to Him, Teacher, do You not care that we are perishing? 39 Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, Peace, be still! And the wind ceased and there was a great calm. 40 But He said to them, Why are you so fearful? How is it that you have no faith? 41 And they feared exceedingly, and said to one another, Who can this be, that even the wind and the sea obey Him!. (Mark 4:35-41)
        Martyrdom of St. Macrobius (Makrawy) the Bishop.

        The Bible reading for the 3rd of Baramhat, March 12, is: Luke 18:35-43
        Departure of St. Cosmas, the Fifty-Eighth Pope of Alexandria.
        Martyrdom of St. Porphyry.
        Departure of St. Hadid the priest.

        Prayer Requests:

        John B. - Peace