Re: The disputes in Cheengeri Church, Malabar settled down

  • Varkey Titus
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2010
      Dear All,

      Praise the Lord. Kudos to the Cheengeri Church members. If there is a will, there is a way!!! The cheengeri church issue resolved by the respective parish members amicably. What a pleasant news item!! It should be appreciated well. But there will be many hurdles put in front of them by the IOC hierarchy, as what happened in the case of Kolencheri Church reopening. This cheengeri church members resolved to part themselves and share everything for the best interest of themselves. It should be a lesson to all other Churches closed due to the Jacobite/IOC dispute. Yes, Jacobite/IOC members, you can solve your Church problem!!! Your strong desire for peace in your Church will make wonders. IOC hierarchy may never support you, as it is NOT TO THE INTEREST OF THEM. You see the actions of the Kandanad West metropolitan, when the Kolencheri parishioners opened that Church!!! He made sure that the Church is again closed. Dear members of all disputed Churches, there will be hurdles to open YOUR CHURCH, but YOU CAN, only you can, resolve it with a strong desire and prayerful actions. The cheengeri problem solving method was propogated by Jacobite Church several times, but IOC hierarchy never come to that approach. They cann't accept the fact that the CHURCH AND ITS PROPERTY BELONGS TO THE PARISH MEMBERS!!! May the good Lord soften their heart, seeing the desire of their people!!! We can only pray for it.

      Varkey Titus
      Member Id # 1024