Pray without ceasing

  • Shibu Podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2010
      1Thess. 5:16-18: Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

      Let us note the three words: pray without ceasing.�
      A praying heart is fountain kept pure by unceasing prayer.
      A praying heart is a fountain from which living waters flow forth to bless others.
      A praying heart keeps us in peace and harmony with God.
      A praying heart is kept joyful by prayer.
      A praying heart is kept thankful by prayer.
      If we keep giving thanks for the small mercies that fill our moments and minutes, it helps us to abide in the spirit of prayer; and, being in the spirit of prayer helps us to rejoice always. Let us look to the Spirit to train us in this discipline.
      Lord, let me apply my heart to rejoicing, especially in the trials you permit in my life, knowing that they will help me to learn patience, James 1:2-4: My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. Here we have the way of perfection - so we rejoice.
      Living at the end times, let us be awake and be praying, especially praying, come, Lord Jesus, Rev. 22:20. Amen.

      Shibu Podiyan
      Washington D.C