Re: Good Friday

  • Michael Poe
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2010
      Dear all,

      Someone stated our Lord was on the cross 6 hours when He in His majesty and Holiness cried out and said Eli, Eli lemana sabakthani,which has been thought to be taken from psalm 22.In fact from the original Aramaic from which our Lord spoke and delivered the Holy Gospels in He actually said upon the cross Eli,Eli, lemana Shabakthani which means my God, My God,for this was my purpose.There is no way the Father could forsake the Son as they are eternally one in essence and undivided and one together with the Holy Spirit.This quote from our Lord has for long been mistranslated into my God, My God,why hast thou forsaken thee.This is not possible as the Father would never forsake the Son of whom He is one with as our Lord points out inumerable times throughout the Holy Gospels and as the blessed epistle writers point out innimerable times also.This is one of the central tenents of our Orthodox Faith. Also our Lord was crucified on the cross at the 6th hour which is 12:00 pm and surrendered His Heavenly Spirit at 3:00 pm which is only 3 hours.That is why Pilate had the centurion lance Him with his spear to make sure our Lord was actually physically dead.

      In Yashua Mshiho,
      Michael.�