Easter message from His Holiness His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas

  • Patriarch of Antioch and All the East
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2010
      BY THE GRACE OF GOD
      Ignatius Zakka I Iwas
      Patriarch of Antioch and All the East
      Supreme Head of the Universal Syrian Orthodox Church

      No.E69/10
      26-March-2010

      Apostolic Benediction to our beloved Metropolitans and to our beloved spiritual children: the Reverend clergy and the faithful of all our Malankara Jacobite Syrian churches and congregations all over the world.

      By God’s mercy, we have once again come to the Feast of the resurrection of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. And we have much delight in sharing with you all, the Joy and peace of a blissful Easter.

      The blessed apostle Paul exhorts us that: “(Lord Jesus) died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them, and rose again” (II Corinthians 5:15). For the disciples, the peace and joy of the resurrection of Lord Jesus Christ emerged into them as a new mission of sharing this experience to the whole world. This sharing started with the disciples who first went to the tomb on the Easter morning. And when the risen Lord commanded the disciples to “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to the whole creation”(Mark 16:15), they wholeheartedly dedicated themselves for that mission. As we celebrate this Holy Feast, it reminds us again and again that we are duty bound to live for the risen Lord. When we experience the risen Lord, our fear of death and perplexity about the world situations will be turned into a new mission of sharing and that invigorates us for a life of dedication. Dearly beloved, are we busy with the world, ignoring our Lord ? Then setting our mind for Him requires a decisive action on our part. Jesus Christ went to the hell to uplift the hopeless and the helpless. Then it should also change the direction and orientation of our life. If we set our minds to live for Him, we can for sure, make a difference to the world situations. The risen Lord reminds us that we have a role and we have to change the present situation, with the power and strength that He gives us through His resurrection. Therefore we are to demonstrate our faith in more positive terms, not merely showing our personal belief in a risen Lord and living for ourselves, but that we are the true apostles of the resurrection, reconfigured with its hope and power. Then we will prove the world that the joy and peace of resurrection is not limited to a historical time, but a continuing and living experience, reaching those in darkness and hopelessness.

      Our beloved, may our celebrations of this year’s Easter renew our dedication and mission for our resurrected Lord and let His promise ‘to be with us’ re-energise each one of us. We wish you all a blessed and happy Easter and extend our Apostolic Blessings to you. May the grace of God be with you all forever, through the intercession of St. Mary – the Mother of God and all the martyrs and saints. Amen.

      http://www.socmnet.org/bull_hh/10_69_Easter_2010.PDF