CONFESSION AND THE HOLY COMMUNION

  • Saju Varghese
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30 11:42 PM
      CONFESSION AND THE HOLY COMMUNION

      As we are about to receive the Holy Supper of our Lord Jesus Christ, it is proper that we examine ourselves. The Ten Commandments, the moral code of the Kingdom, reveal to us the gravity of our sin, for they call us to love God with our whole being and our neighbors as ourselves.

      The Lord's Supper was instituted for the comfort of those who are troubled by their sins. Our Lord has paid for our sins. In the stead and by the command of Lord Jesus Christ, therefore forgive you all your sins with true confession..

      Our Lord Jesus Christ, on the night when He was betrayed, took bread, and when He had given thanks, He broke it and gave it to the disciples and said: Take, eat; this is My body, which is given for you. This do in remembrance of Me. In the same way also He took the cup after supper, and when He had given thanks, He gave it to them, saying: Drink of it, all of you; this cup is the new testament in My blood, which is shed for you for the forgiveness of sins. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.�

      St. Paul wrote in the Epistle, The cup of blessing that we bless, is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread that we break, is it not a participation in the body of Christ? Because there is one bread, we who are many are one body, for we all partake of the one bread� (1 Cor.10:16 17). Fellow members of the one Body of Christ, As often as we eat this bread and drink this cup, we proclaim the Lord's death until He comes� (1 Cor. 11:26).

      Saju C.Varghese