Re: Pitiable state of our church

  • Thomas P
    Message 1 of 1502 , Dec 17, 2002
      > Mr.Thomas, you want unity with me but I do not want it. How can you
      > forcefully achieve unity with me? How can you impose unity with me?
      > I suspect your plan is to grab me and swallow me. And I hate you for
      > that.
      >
      > Regards
      > roymathews...

      Dear Mr. Roy Mathews, Hatred is merely momentary. Once unity is there,
      you will realize how good it is. Remove that hatred and try to love
      us as Jesus loves you. Remember that Christ's love is unconditional.
      Similalry Christians reflect this to others.

      Regarding unity, it cannot be imposed, rather comes through unity in
      one faith. In that sense, we are closer and united compared with our
      unity with other churches. "That they may be one" was the final
      intercession of Christ. In Christianity, believers in a specific
      region remained united. Apostle Paul appeals to churches in various
      regions against division.

      To the Church in Corinth region,

      "Paul, called to be an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and
      our brother Sosthenes, To the church of God in Corinth, ..." (1 Cor.
      1:1-2)

      "I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that
      all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions
      among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought."

      Just imagine replacing Corinth with Malankara.

      May be too much love means swallowing also. Some times we take our
      young children and tell them "ninne njan thinnan pokuva". That may be
      why we swallow the body of Christ through Eucharist.

      regards,
      -Thomas
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1502 of 1502 , Oct 1, 2004