Re: Good Friday Songs- English Translation

  • George Aramath
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27, 2010
      Ronnie Daniel,

      Thank you for sharing this valuable resource. These songs will certainly help us, the coming generations outside of Kerala.

      As most are aware of, there's constant rumors and dialogue all around us about the end of the world. The most recent prediction is 2012 with movies and books to prove it. The response given by our church to these predictions is that of Christ: "No one knows about that day or hour". But more importantly, the key point given by our Lord to these predictions is this: "Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man" (Lk 21:36).

      In other words, don't focus on these rumors and predictions because they serve as distractions from the vital message of remaining watchful.

      I say this now because there are unfortunate things happening in our church that we hear and write about. But I hope as this Holy Week approaches, we can put aside these distractions and focus on His passion. Anything else that takes our attention from this is not the work of God.

      Thank you again Mr. Daniel for sharing the English version of our beautiful Holy Week prayers.

      Let us especially pray for our church and its leaders during this Holy Week and keep our focus on Him.

      With Prayers,
      George Aramath