Good Friday Songs- English Translation

  • Ronnie Daniel
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 25, 2010
      These are some of the songs translated in to English. May be you
      will find it useful to the young generation living outside Kerala.

      1. Morning Prayer Kauma – Start and End

      " Peedha thazchakalal Namme.. "

      Praise we, Kneeling before Lord
      This morning Christ Who
      Redeemed us by His Great Passion ( Three Times ) +

      " Nadha thae Sthuthiyum .. "

      Praise to Thee O Lord, To Thy Father Praise,
      Worship, Honor, Glory to Holy Ghost.
      Grace a-nd mercy be up–on us sinners,
      May our pleas be heard at the Throne of Christ,
      Opened, be to us gates of Jer-usalem.
      Praise to – thee, O Lord Praise to – Thee, O Lord
      Ever – praise to Thee, our h-ope . Barekmore.

      2. Morning – " Bothedu Haasho" – Njangalkai Nee Ettoru Peeda…

      Blessed be Thy - humility – L-o-rd !
      Thou who – endured Passions for us.

      Whole night Thy was questioned by Prie-sts
      At tribunal of Pilate, Lord,
      Wai-ting for the fi-nal judgment
      Wicked men have shouted O Lord
      To cr-ucify Thou on the cross.

      To save Thy from wicked men Lord
      And not to shed Thy Holy blood
      Wife of Pilate sent me-ssenger
      Therefore, Pilate washed off his hands
      As he could not save Thy from cross.

      Shout-ed wick-ed people louder
      That Thy deserve death on the cross
      Thy hea-led their sick and helped their weak
      In return for Thy blessed work
      They sho-uted for killing Thou Lord.

      Son o-f God who de-served wo-rship
      Was shouted to put on the cross
      Thou who de-serve Praise and Worship
      Was beaten and spit on Thy face
      Because, they were blinded by rage.

      Spare u-s O Lord from Thy ju-dgment,
      When Thou summons those who judged Thou. +

      3. 3rd Hour Kauma – Start and End " Chodyam Nija dasanil ninnetton Messiah"

      Christ who – Questioned by servant,
      Show Thy compassion
      On us sinners on judgment day. ( Three times ) +

      4. 3rd Hour – " Bothedu Haasho" – Njangalkai Nee Ettoru Peeda…

      Blessed be Thy - humility – L-o-rd !
      Thou who – endured Passions for us.

      Lord who was wo-rshipped in He-aven
      Was bea-ten with whips of me-tal
      Wa-s ha-nged on cross, in humilia-tion
      To re-deem the world from Her Sins
      Thy was cruci-fied on the Cross.

      Ada-ms children whipped Thou this day
      Still Thou gave them sin redemption
      A-dam's children flogged and whipped Thou
      They cast lots for Thy garments Lord
      For Thou giving them Para-dise

      Faithful serva-nts Sons of Thy Church
      Praise Thy for Thy Passions O Lord
      Assembled u-s as Thy true servants
      Praising Thy fo-r Thy Passions Lord
      At this Third hour of Thy Passions.

      Spare u-s O Lord from Thy ju-dgment,
      When Thou summons those who judged Thou. +

      5. Procession 1 - " Sleeba Tholinmel Thangi .. "

      Carrying his cross on Him
      He came out of fortress strong
      Hebrew women got together
      Weeping and wailing for him
      Stood his mother distantly
      With deep maternal sorrows
      Mourned she like a tender dove
      My Son whither dost Thou Go ?
      Whither are they taking you
      Why hast Thou handed over
      Thyself to these wicked men
      Woe to me my beloved,
      To Thee what have happened now,
      Blessed be Thy Passions, Lord,
      Blessed by Thy hu-mi-li-ty.

      6. 6th Hour Kauma - Start – " Daasan Vidhisamayath Akshepichone Massiah ."

      Christ who - was mocked by servants,
      At tribunal Lord
      Grant us mercy in Thy Judgment. ( three times ) +

      7. 6th Hour - Song : " Sleebayum Peedakalum Peri, Mullin mudi kayyettone.. "

      1. Thou who en-dured passion and cross
      And re-ceived the crown of thorns ,
      O God ! Have mercy on us.. +

      2. Thou who a-ccept cross willfully
      To – Save Adam and his race,
      O God ! Have mercy on us.. +

      3. Thou who bore – crown of thorns on head
      To be – derided by them
      O God ! Have mercy on us +

      4. When the Sun saw you on the cross
      I-t did shut it's light to dark
      O God ! Have mercy on us +

      5. Glory to – the Lord who abased
      To – save mankind by thy Cross
      O God ! Have mercy on us +

      8. 6th Hour – " Bothedu Haasho" – Njangalkai Nee Ettoru Peeda…

      Blessed be Thy - humility – L-o-rd !
      Thou who – endured Passions for us.

      Sons o-f darkness sinners of all,
      Cruci-fied the Lamb of God on,
      Tree - the Cross and on earth to-day,
      In place of Thy Blessings they got,
      Gave Thy bitter water to drink.

      Seeing - sad st-ory in Yee-hood,
      Mountains of rocks broken apart,
      O-n Thy hand which made man Adam,
      Nails were driven by the Jews and,
      Never they have repented it.

      Son of God u-ttered on the Cross,
      Sons of darkness ran in fe-ar,
      E-vil spirits were sore afraid,
      When his crown was fallen a-part,
      Sinners leader Satan cried out.

      Spare u-s O Lord from Thy ju-dgment,
      When Thou summons those who judged Thou. +

      9. 6th Hour – Mor Jacob – " M'sheeha Skeepa Mruthi Kashthathakalkai Vannone "

      Chri-st who came to receive cross, abuse and su-fferings,
      Hear o-ur pleas kindly, have mercy upo-n o-ur souls

      O Lord have mercy o-n us
      O God grant blessings k-indly. +

      Li-ving lamb of God came to be sacrifi-ced
      Cru-ci-fiers acted like the High priests in it
      They ha-nged him on the cross on Gogulta hill top
      E-vildoers po-sitioned his cross on mountain
      Between the heaven and the deep sea on the earth
      He stood as a warrior to bear sins of all World

      O Lord have mercy o-n us
      O God grant blessings k-indly. +

      At Noon darkness came to cover whole of the World,
      To show that he is the Lord of all of the Light,
      Friday Light kneeled to pray to the light of all Lights,
      World saw it was the Son of God lying on Cross,
      At Noon Adam ate fruit from the forbidden tree,
      He was a-shamed that he cheated the word of Lord..

      O Lord have mercy o-n us
      O God grant blessings k-indly. +

      Light sa-w e-vildoers stole the clothes of his Lord
      The-refore, it closed it's rays and darkness fell on earth,
      Sun sa-w his master was naked on cross on earth
      Closed it's eyes in order not to see him naked,
      Not to see the nakedness of Noahas Lord God,
      Sun and Moon closed their eyes like Shem, Ham and Japeth

      O Lord have mercy o-n us
      O God grant blessings k-indly. +

      Wh-ile my Lo-rd is lying and suffering on the Cross,
      How can I give my light to the world asked the Sun,
      When the Sun saw his Lord naked between two thieves,
      How can the Sun show his light on Lord's creation,
      Uni-verse filled with luminous constellations
      Shut their rays upon seeing their Lord on the Cross

      O Lord have mercy o-n us
      O God grant blessings k-indly. +

      At noo-n the Son was hanged naked on to the Cross
      Se-rpent who killed Adam got shaken and trembled
      Ha-sha Friday of symbols, prophesies and mysteries
      My tongue - is too small to tell those mysteries O Lord
      Sixth day Adam was chased out of his pa-ra-dise
      Same day Son of God was hanged on a Cross on earth..

      O Lord have mercy o-n us
      O God grant blessings k-indly. +

      Hea-ven a-nd ea-rth are mourning on Thy passions O Lord
      Ce-lestials a-nd humans wondered at Thy hu-mi-lity

      O Lord have mercy o-n us
      O God grant blessings k-indly. +

      10. 6th Hour Kauma - End – " Nadhaa nin varavin mahima divasathil…… "

      Lord on - your Great day of s-econd coming,
      Bless us, like the thief
      You have pardoned Lord. ( Three times ) +

      11. 9th Hour Kauma – Start - " Skeeppayaal Krooshakiye Mayichonee Messiah…. "

      Messiah – removed sins and death
      By thy Passions Lord
      Pro-tect and shelt-er by Thy Cross ( Three times ) +

      12. 9th Hour – " Bothedu Haasho" – Njangalkai Nee Ettoru Peeda…

      Blessed be Thy - humility – L-o-rd !
      Thou who – endured Passions for us.

      Nails di-d not melt on Thy hand Lord,
      Thy flesh did not burn out also,
      Li-on of Judah, humbled Thyself
      Thy su-ffered passions and death for
      Giving life to Adam's children.

      Lord wh-en utte-red on Cross this day
      Mountains and Ro-cks broken a-part
      Ro-cks were bro-ken like a thunder
      Earth go-t shook and shattered all way
      All cre-ations shouted like Lion.

      Thou who de-serve bouquet of flower
      Was given bi-tter wine to drink
      In place o-f Rose as Thy Crown Lord
      Wicked pe-ople crowned Thy to-day
      With thorn out of their igno-rance.

      Son o-f God and life of us all
      Suffe-red passion for us thi-s day,
      Praise we, Bless we, whole creations,
      Bouquets of flowers of Praise Lord
      We place as Thy Crown to-day Lord.

      Spare u-s O Lord from Thy judgment,
      When Thou summon those who judged Thou. +

      13. 9th Hour – Mor Jacob – " M'sheeha Skeepa Mruthi Kashthathakalkai Vannone "

      Chri-st who came to receive cross, abuse and su-fferings,
      Hear o-ur pleas kindly, have mercy upo-n o-ur souls

      O Lord have mercy o-n us
      O God grant blessings k-indly. +

      Wi-th sadness I listen to Thy Gospel O Lord
      Give me e-ar to listen to Thy Gospel O Lord
      Lord Thy Cross destroy fortress of Zion to-day
      Let the eyes who abused Thy be blind to-day Lord

      O Lord have mercy o-n us
      O God grant blessings k-indly. +

      Praise to Thy Father who sent Thee to su-ffer Lord
      Praise to Thy the Lord who suffered Passi-ons for us
      Praise to The One Holy Spirit who has no death
      Praise to the Holy Trinity, One in Thy Lord.

      O Lord have mercy o-n us
      O God grant blessings k-indly. +

      Hea-ven a-nd ea-rth are mourning on Thy passions O Lord
      Ce-lestials a-nd humans wondered at Thy hu-mi-lity

      O Lord have mercy o-n us
      O God grant blessings k-indly. +

      14. 9th Hour – " Kulakun Aamme " " Kallanmarude Samvaadam "

      1.Ye all mankind come and listen, To voice o-f a pair of thieves,
      Listen to the-ir arguments, Find yourself who is right.

      2.Lord is on a Cross in middle, As a Judge who favours none
      Like a balanced weighing scale, Weighing their words corr-ectly.

      3.One thief told his Lord and God, Remember me when you come
      Let me see your mercy Lord, In your Holy Kingdom God.

      4.Thief on left on hearing this, Asked a question to his friend,
      If he is the King of Jews, Why is he on Cross with us.

      5.My friend I su-rrendered to, Blood of this one righteous King,
      Because of that I gained life, Cross is sep-arating us.

      6.Don't you see him bearing nails, Like us and su-ffering lot,
      If he could grant us Kingdom, Let him be saved himself first.

      7.With God's words of Heaven's key, I will earn the Pa-ra-dise,
      You got it wrong do not try, To misguide me in his name.

      8.He is also on the Cross, He is suffering more than us,
      If He is the Lord and King, Let Legion come to remove curse.

      9.Jesus on earth on a Tree, In heaven on Chariot o-f fire,
      Creations re-ceived their King, Trembled at Cru-cifixion.

      10.Watch your Master with more care, Don't you see the mark of Whip,
      You are glori-fying him, Who will trust you on your words.

      11.None could take this earthly thorn, Other than Jesus the Lord,
      Who removed the thorn of curse, And redeemed Adam's children.

      12.Let the one on Cross with us, Give you promised Para-dise,
      How could He take you to Hea-ven, Which you have not seen yet friend.

      13.This death has wiped all of the, Prominence of Sheol hell,
      His voice destroyed all it's power, His entrance will make it dust.

      14.One who suffered torture pain, Drank bitter wine and was stabbed,
      And suffering Passions now, How I call him King of Kings.

      15.Listen to the noise with care, Rocks are breaking with thunder,
      Departed Saint's bones joins, Why this disbelief my friend.

      16.All creations tremb-ling, Evil spiri-ts are shattered,
      Rocks are breaking parting ways, Confess sins and embrace Life.

      17.If you ask me his Glory, I will tell you many and more,
      All creations witnessed him, And trembling on Lord's Passion.

      18.Pilate called him King of Kings, As prophesied in Holy Books,
      As they shouted as witness, Don't argue on who is King.

      19.Cross is standing between us, You are standing in it's pit,
      You too is a child of God, Claim your place on right side friend.

      20.Cross opened the gates of Hell, Sun became dark earth too shook,
      Temple curtain torn in two, All creations witnessed Lord.

      21.Listen to the cry of earth, And enti-re creations,
      Upon hearing word of God, Wall of earth start tremb-ling.

      22.Listen to the noise of dead, Who arrived from Sheol hell,
      Look at life giving Jesus, Whom I found as my refuge.

      23.He chose death to raise Adam, All departed looked at him,
      He released Adam from Hell, And raised me to Paradise.

      24.Stop abusing Son of God, Who did passions on his will,
      Stop your bad mouthing right now, Blessed Cross is my re-fuge.

      25. Thy promised paradise to, The thief who had confessed Thee,
      Therefore, remember us Lord, When Thy come a-gain My Lord.

      15. 9th Hour Kauma – End - " Mruthiyaal Adiyarude Mruthi Pokkiya Missiah … "

      Messiah – By Thy death removed
      Our death, grant life to
      Our dead and grant us Blessings too.. ( Three Times ) +

      16. Cross Adoration - " Almakkale Rakshichoru Nin Sleebaye….. "

      Knee-ling before Thy Cross, Saved o – ur Souls,
      Mess-iah, we pray with the thief, to rem-ember us
      When you come - a-gain.

      17. Cross Veneration - Procession 2 – " Arimathya Naattil…….. "

      Righteous was Joseph
      Hailing from " Ramath ",
      He ran to Pilate
      Pleading for J - esus B-ody

      Please render O Judge
      Most Holy Treasure
      Body of Savior,
      For me to En-tomb Him right

      He was hung on tree
      By the Jews this day
      Render him to me
      So that I may be - bless-ed.

      Wishing you all a Blessed Passion and a Peaceful Kymtho..

      Ronnie Daniel
      Toronto, Canada
    • George Aramath
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 27, 2010
        Ronnie Daniel,

        Thank you for sharing this valuable resource. These songs will certainly help us, the coming generations outside of Kerala.

        As most are aware of, there's constant rumors and dialogue all around us about the end of the world. The most recent prediction is 2012 with movies and books to prove it. The response given by our church to these predictions is that of Christ: "No one knows about that day or hour". But more importantly, the key point given by our Lord to these predictions is this: "Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man" (Lk 21:36).

        In other words, don't focus on these rumors and predictions because they serve as distractions from the vital message of remaining watchful.

        I say this now because there are unfortunate things happening in our church that we hear and write about. But I hope as this Holy Week approaches, we can put aside these distractions and focus on His passion. Anything else that takes our attention from this is not the work of God.

        Thank you again Mr. Daniel for sharing the English version of our beautiful Holy Week prayers.

        Let us especially pray for our church and its leaders during this Holy Week and keep our focus on Him.

        With Prayers,
        George Aramath