Good friday song - sogadeenan .....

  • Abilash Mathew
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25, 2010
      Dear all

      Shlomo,

      Pease send me the link of Good friday song " sogadeenan ....."  if any body have.

      with regards

      Abilash Mahtew, Chengalimattom
      ID 4201

    • Mathew
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 28, 2010
        Dear Abilash,
        You can listen to the Syriac Hymm Sogadeenan at chanted in the middle eastern tune at:

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BAdmNIGRFs

        You can listed to the same Syriac Hymn with Malayalee (East Syriac) accent, and the Malayalam translation at:

        http://tinyurl.com/yj9p8p4

        In Christ,
        Mathew.
        # 0929
      • Dr. Thomas Joseph
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 30, 2010
          Patriarch Ya`qub IIIrd's recording (1965) is considered the most authentic rendering of the Beth Gazo in the Mardin tradition among the Suryoye. HH's rendering of this melody is at

          http://sor.cua.edu/BethGazo/Mardin/PYacqub3/Farde/BGF1SoghdinanLaslibo.ra

          (The electronic conversion was from a copy several generations removed from the original. So the tone and tempo are at variance from the original, but the melody should be clear.)

          The transliteration follows:

          soghdinan laSleebokh dbeh hwo furqono l-nafshothan
          w`am gayoso omreenan mshiHo ethdakhrayn mo dothe aat

          Regards,
          Thomas
          ---
          Thomas Joseph, Ph.D.