St Pauls Mission

  • Rev. Fr.George V. Vayaliparambil
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 23, 2010
      Dear Beloved in Christ

      As my brother Rev. Dn Joshy said it is the time for everyone to think what we did for the Gospel of Our Lord. I got a lot of chances to spend with our brethren who were converted to our church by the tireless work of the missionaries of St Paul's Mission in Bangalore. I still remember the struggles that Kuriakose Uncle (Missionary) had faced to organize a Holy Qurbono for them in Bangalore. By the grace of God I got many Chances to celebrate Holy Qurbono for them in Bangalore Mission fields. I celebrated some part of the Holy Qurbono in Kannada, like "devare neenu Parishudhanu" (Daivame nee Parishudhanakunnu). Mr Manoj Son of Kuriakose Uncle helped me to translate some important portion of the "thaksa'. Most of the part I did in Malayalam. Even though it was in mixed languages it was not a barrier for them to worship God in whole mind spirit and truth, because there faith was that much deep rooted. I could experience the Joy that they had at that time. There are no words for me to express the happiness that I had on that days. I thank Mor Coorilose Thirumeni for giving me permission for the same. The sad thing is Many of us both clergy and lay man are not ready to accept the mission and missionaries who live for the word of God. May these events help us to rethink and repent. May the God Almighty help our church to carry on His earthly mission under the leadership of HG Mor Korilose today . Let us thank all the missionaries who live for the word of God and who build the "Church of the God".�

      In Christ

      Fr George Vayaliparambil
    • S Chandy
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 27, 2010
        George Acha,

        I fully supporting you, two days back I went to St Paul's mission center in Bangalore rural and saw the faith of boys there who lost their parents, and how well Kuriakose uncle taught them about our LORD and our prayers, he have converted a lot of people into faith. This is what GOD asked us to do in Mathew 28:19 "GO THEN TO ALL PEOPLES EVERYWHERE AND MAKE THEM MY DISCIPLES: BAPTISE THEM IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER,THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT".
        I don't know any others in our church doing this now a days.

        In HIS love.
        S Chandy
        4167

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Rev. Fr.George V. Vayaliparambil wrote:

        > Dear Beloved in Christ
        >
        > As my brother Rev. Dn Joshy said it is the time for everyone to think what we did for the Gospel of Our Lord. I got a lot of chances to spend with our brethren who were converted to our church by the tireless work of the missionaries of St Paul's Mission in Bangalore. I still remember the struggles that Kuriakose Uncle (Missionary) had faced to organize a Holy Qurbono for them in Bangalore.
      • H.E Mor Coorilos Geevarghese
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 29, 2010
          Dear Moderators:

          This is to express my deep sense of gratitude to all those who have responded positively to the news of my visit to the St. Paul's mission fields in Chittoor, A.P. I really appreciate those comments of support and encouragement. I thank them also for their prayers for our work in as many as 14 states of India. I thought I would also share some of my experience in Chittoor. I attended two prayer meetings in the houses of two of our new members. In the humble households (both houses were like tiny huts) I experienced the fullest expression of faith! I was really moved. The holy qurbana I celebrated with them in our church in Chittoor was an unforgettable experience in my life. On my way to the church, we collected a disabled lady. Our friends helped her board the vehicle. When the driver started the vehicle, she asked the driver to stop for a second. Then she told the missionary that she forgot to take the Bible. Our missionary, Stephen went back and brought her Bible. Later I learned that this was a lady who could not read and write. Yet she wanted to hold the Bible in her hands becaused she trully believed in the power of the Word of God.Do we have such strong faith? I said the ecucharistic liturgy in Malayalam. But to my plesant surprise, the entire congregation said the responses and sang the songs in Telugu, without any problem or delay. I felt as if I was doing the liturgy in their own language. Such was the smoothness of the liturgy. I could feel the movement of the Holy Spirit in the entire service. I was deeply touched by the earnestness of the congregation in having learned our church's liturgy, prayers and songs in such a short time. The most rewarding aspect of the liturgy was that the entire congregation, except the few ones who are waiting to be baptized took holy communion. In how many of our congregations, does this happen? After the service, there was 'nercha sadya' which was 'sponsored' by one of the beleivers. It was simple rice and sambar. Every one took part in it. For me, it was a true offering to God. It is in such simple , yet profound expressions of faith of the poor, Dalits and Adivasis that you get the fullest satisfaction of worshipping God. I had a similar experience when I celebrated Holy Qurbana at our mission chapel in Ulluhalli in Karnataka when I was a priest. I am sharing this with all of you just to let you know that our church is indeed growing both in quantity (number) and in quality through the mission work of St. Paul's Mission. Mission, let us remember, is the life line of any Church and let us support it. Please do continue to uphold the work of St. Paul's mission and its missionaries in your prayer.

          God bless and Have a blessed Holy Week

          Coorilos thirumeni
          Thiruvalla
        • Sajy Jacob
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 29, 2010
            It was indeed a pleasure to read this message. May the almighty God bless St.Paul's Mission's activities.

            Sajy Thannikkottu, Kathmandu