SABHA CHARITHRAM PART 48

  • Dipu George
    Message 1 of 1502 , Nov 23, 2002
      Shlomo,

      Witnessing various falsehoods written in both the forums by misguided
      people I felt it logical enough to reproduce the true version of the
      Church History written by none other than the most Rev Malankara
      Malpan Dr Kanyamparambil Achen.

      I humbly implore this forum to kindly reproduce the article as it is,
      so that the faithful could have a clear view about the happenings in
      this church for the past 100 years. This article starts from page 173
      of the book. However only select but important portions (relevant in
      this context) have been written along with my very small observations
      in the spare time I could afford because of my busy schedule.
      I do not know if this book is available anymore but I sincerely
      exhort every faithful to try to get at least a copy of it.

      Aloho Ahmuch ………….

      Dipu George

      THE SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH IN INDIA AND ITS APOSTOLIC FAITH

      PART 48

      Another Catholicos

      Mar Athanasius was raised by his partisans to the dignity of the
      Catholicos on 27th October 1976 and he without any precedent,
      unscrupulously adorned his title with the inclusion of St Thomas. His
      Holiness " Moran Mor Baselios Mar Thoma MathewsI . Catholicos of the
      East, a title that would evoke a smile on the great Historian and
      Theologian Mor Gregorios Bar Hebraeus of the 13th Century, himself a
      Catholicos and on Vattasseril Dionysius and Mor Baselios
      GeevargheseII and Mor Augen I .
      May we humbly remind, that if his claim as a successor to the
      Maphrians of Tigris- transplanted to Malankara then he is not Mathews
      I !! There had been one Mathai Catholicos earlier.

      Note: so the present Devalokam Catholicos should be MathewsIII now!
      The problem arises in reciting a lie in the `Tubden' of the Qurbana.
      Pity the metran kakshis

      Thus ends the portion of the Church History and as for the succeeding
      developments we witnessed how Mathews II became the Catholicos from
      Mathews I (this was treated in an earlier article of mine in the
      forum). Perhaps this will lay to rest all falsehoods and lies hurled
      against the Jacobite Church by some IOC member through their personal and private mails.

      Let me take this opportunity to exhort the faithful to pray for the
      misguided people in Malankara and sincerely pray to God to reveal to
      them Reason and True Faith.

      Aloho Ahmuch
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1502 of 1502 , Oct 1, 2004