You are the man! Nathan said to King David.!!

  • Benny
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2010
      Dear All..

      Verses of Psalms 51 below is a pray of David seeking mercy to God for
      his sin. During these lent period, pls let us pray for mercy on our
      sins as well in which we have committed purposefully or unknowingly .
      Also, need to study how God precisely pointing the sin of David thru his prophet Nathan in Samuel 12 - 1-10. Let us note that it is impossible to hide sins from God...Therefore, need to repent and turn back to God for mercy.

      Psalms 51 : Pray of King David .....

      1 Have mercy on me, O God,
      according to your unfailing love;
      according to your great compassion
      blot out my transgressions.

      2 Wash away all my iniquity
      and cleanse me from my sin.

      3 For I know my transgressions,
      and my sin is always before me.

      Samuel 12 - 1-10

      The LORD sent Nathan to David. When he came to him, he said, "There were two men in a certain town, one rich and the other poor. 2 The rich man had a very large number of sheep and cattle, 3 but the poor man had nothing except one little ewe lamb he had bought. He raised it, and it grew up with him and his children. It shared his food, drank from his cup and even slept in his arms. It was like a daughter to him.

      4 "Now a traveler came to the rich man, but the rich man refrained from taking one of his own sheep or cattle to prepare a meal for the traveler who had come to him. Instead, he took the ewe lamb that belonged to the poor man and prepared it for the one who had come to him."

      5 David burned with anger against the man and said to Nathan, "As
      surely as the LORD lives, the man who did this deserves to die! 6 He
      must pay for that lamb four times over, because he did such a thing and had no pity."

      7 Then Nathan said to David, "You are the man! This is what the LORD,
      the God of Israel, says: 'I anointed you king over Israel, and I
      delivered you from the hand of Saul.

      8 I gave your master's house to you, and your master's wives into your arms. I gave you the house of Israel and Judah. And if all this had been too little, I would have given you even more.

      9 Why did you despise the word of the LORD by doing what is evil in his eyes? You struck down Uriah the Hittite with the sword and took his wife to be your own. You killed him with the sword of the Ammonites.

      10 Now, therefore, the sword will never depart from your house, because you despised me and took the wife of Uriah the Hittite to
      be your own.'

      Thanks.
      Benny
      Id 4190