Do we need to cooperate with any organization were our identity is ignored?

  • Jacob John
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2010
      Respected members of the Holy Synod of Jacobite Church,

      Can the laity get a straight answer from any of the responsible Holy Synod members on this genuine doubt??? Do we need to cooperate with any organization were our identity is ignored, even in the name of the so called “Ecumenism”??

      I refer to the recent "ecumenical meeting" held at Kottayam to honour the visiting Armenian Catholicos HH Aram I. Two of our metropolitans were participated in this so called "ecumenical meeting" conducted in an occupied Syrian Orthodox Theological Collage in Kottayam. I was watching the video clippings of that meeting. I was very much surprised to notice that, in the introduction speech, only our metropolitans were not introduced as representing any Church!!! They were merely addressed as metropolitans without mentioning their Church’s name whom they supposed to represent. Our Holy church’s name was not at all mentioned in or at any time of the meeting, except the metropolitan of Marthoma Syrian Church. We laity consider it as an INSULT to our Church, whatever reason the Holy Synod members will have!!

      Why do we have to participate in such meetings? I know when our two metropolitans were invited by the KCC for this meeting, they had gone there with the consent of the Holy Synod and/or the Catholicose. I feel it is high time to re-think, do we have to continue our participation in the co-organizer of the meeting “Kerala Council of Churches”?? When one of their members were insulted by the other co-organizer in front of the invited audiences, and the so called organization KCC keeps silent, are we considering this insult as said in the malayalam proverb "......"? Shame on us!!!

      I think our metropolitans and the KCC both were trapped by the arrogant attitude of the Devalokm group at our own cost. I strongly believe that our metropolitans or other church representatives, who are representing our Holy Church in KCC must bring this subject and get a clarification from the organization as early as possible. And also we must make sure that this type of insults should not be happened in the future. If they cannot assure it, then it is high time to re-think about any association with the so called organization.

      In pain

      A faithfull member of Jacobite Church

      Jacob John
      Id #2567