SABHA CHARITHRAM PART 47

  • Dipu George
    Message 1 of 1502 , Nov 23, 2002
      Shlomo,

      Witnessing various falsehoods written in both the forums by misguided
      people I felt it logical enough to reproduce the true version of the
      Church History written by none other than the most Rev Malankara
      Malpan Dr Kanyamparambil Achen.

      I humbly implore this forum to kindly reproduce the article as it is,
      so that the faithful could have a clear view about the happenings in
      this church for the past 100 years. This article starts from page 173
      of the book. However only select but important portions (relevant in
      this context) have been written along with my very small observations
      in the spare time I could afford because of my busy schedule.
      I do not know if this book is available anymore but I sincerely
      exhort every faithful to try to get at least a copy of it.

      Aloho Ahmuch ………….

      Dipu George

      THE SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH IN INDIA AND ITS APOSTOLIC FAITH

      PART 47

      Page 245

      Mor Augen Catholicos had all his ecclesiastical dignities- Remban,
      Bishop – Catholicos from three successive Patriarchs of Antioch. It
      is really sad that he had to separate himself from the Holy Throne
      twice!
      He had been in his time the unequalled Syriac Scholar in the Syrian
      Church, and was also well versed in Sanskrit and Malayalam Languages.
      Many are his translations of liturgical Syriac books into Malayalam.
      His poetical composition in Syriac and Malayalam are certainly
      laudable. His erudition in Theology, Doctrine, Canons and Church
      History had been vast that had Vattasseril Dionysius and Mor Augen
      Catholicos utilized their many sided capabilities for the spiritual
      and ecclesiastical progress of the Malankara Church, instead of
      vainly attacking the Holy See, no Church in Kerala could have equaled
      the Syrian Church. Unfortunately their actions split the Church twice
      in a span of 60 years! Had Mor Augen Catholicos been given a free
      hand, by his partisans, to continue his due subordination to the
      Patriarch, as he had been preserving from 1964-1968, the history of
      this Church might have been quite different!
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1502 of 1502 , Oct 1, 2004
        Dear members

        In our Lords Love