Declaration issued on Iraq by the Syriac Orthodox Patriarchate

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5 9:35 AM
      Declaration issued on Iraq by the Syriac Orthodox Patriarchate

      His Holiness, Patriarch Ignatius Zakka I, Iwas, patriarch of
      Antioch and all the East and the supreme head of the Universal Syriac Orthodox Church, issued the following declaration on Iraq:

      With extreme pain and sorrow we are watching the unfolding events in Iraq in general and the persecutions, killings, kidnapping, ransacking holy places and injustice done to the Christian population in Iraq in particular, as if Satan has recruited those evil people to destroy the country and its people. For what reason they target the Christians who are loyal to their land and are proud of their beloved Iraqi culture, sacrificing everything even their life, for its glory and dominion.

      For full text of the declaration, please visit:
      http://www.socmnet.org/News00.htm