One more Oriental Orthodox Head is humiliated by MOSC

  • Aji Thomas David
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2010
      Dear Friends,

      The Catholicose of the Armenian Orthodox Church His Holiness Aram I just completed HH's visit to the "God's own country". As per the media reports, HH came to Kerala as a "guest" of Catholicose of MOSC and attend many programs and even being decorated with an 'Order of St. Thomas' (I do not know what is the origin of this recently introduced 'Order' or who authorized this order!! Most probably trying to mimick SOC in all respect!!! May be in future we can expect some other 'Order' for their lay men also!!!!).

      However, when we analyse the visit, we wonder what was the intention of the host (MOSC) to bring the Holy Catholicose? Seems it was mere a show business!!! Even the host forgets the position of the Guest!! The Catholicose of the Armenian Orthodox Church is in full communion with all Oriental Orthodox Churches. But the host forgets this fact. They never allowed His Holiness to conduct a Holy Qurbana in any of their Churches, just allowed His Holiness to enter to the Holy Altar. This is the same they did with Armenian and Ethiopian Patriarchs!! This is exactly what they did when they brought Russian Orthodox's Peeman Patriarch!! HH Aram I was only allowed to 'stay' inside the Holy Altar of Parumala Church!! What a funny mentality of this 'host'?? May be they do not know even the differences with OO & EO churches.

      What this proves? Either MOSC do not accept any OO heads as a head of the same church or other OO heads do not accept MOSC as an OO church and do not want to be in communion!!!!!

      May God almighty give wisdom to the head of MOSC Church.

      In Christ

      Aji Thomas David
      Id No: 4088
    • Mathew G M
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2010
        Aji's comment here about 'order' or 'titles' to laymen in his message # 17274 brings up a good question.

        We do have many Chavaliers and Commanders now in the church. My question is how old is this practice of awarding these titles. Is this a recent introduction to the Syriac Church. After all the word Chavalier has french roots and does not sound like a word from the Syriac tradition. In the past also we have had very important lay leaders, but they didnt have any particular titles, did they? How many lay leaders who attended the Mulanthuruthy Synod were Chevaliers or Commanders?

        Is awarding titles to lay leaders of the Church a good trend?

        Thoughts?

        In Christ,
        Mathew G M.
        # 0929