Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1953 , Feb 25, 2010
      "So much did the apostles realize that everything which pertains to salvation was bestowed on them by the Lord that they asked for faith itself to be given them by the Lord when they said: 'Increase our faith,' for they did not presume that its fullness would come from free will but believed that it would be conferred on them by a gift of God. The Author of human salvation teaches us how even our faith is unstable and weak and by no means sufficient unto itself, unless it has been strengthened by the Lord's help, when He says to Peter: 'Simon, Simon, behold Satan has sought to sift you like wheat, but I have asked My Father that your faith might not fail.' "

      St. John Cassian.

      "Preserve me, O God, for in You I put my trust. O my soul, you have said to the Lord, You are my Lord, My goodness is nothing apart from You." Psalms 16:1-2
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1953 of 1953 , Sep 19 5:33 PM

        "In truth there is only one freedom - the holy freedom of Christ, whereby He freed us from sin, from evil, from the devil. It binds us to God. All other freedoms are illusory, false, that is to say, they are all, in fact, slavery."

        St. Justin Popovich, Ascetical and Theological Chapters.

        "I will lift up my eyes to the hills-- From whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth."  Psalm 121:1-2

        The Bible reading for the 10th of Tut, September 20, is:
        1 Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3 Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, 4 but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5 But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept. 6 And at midnight a cry was heard: `Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!' 7 Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said to the wise, `Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.' 9 But the wise answered, saying, `No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.' 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut. 11 Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, `Lord, Lord, open to us!' 12 But he answered and said, `Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.' 13 Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming. (Matt. 25:1-13)
        Martyrdom of Saint Matruna.
        Commemoration of Sts. Basin and Her Children.

        The Bible reading for the 11th of Tut, September 21, is: Luke 12:4-12
        Martyrdom of Saint Basilides (Wasilides).

        Prayer Requests:

        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.
        Urgent: Magda - Cancer.