Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1894 , Feb 24, 2010
      "Without God (without His omnipresence) there cannot be any single motion of my thought or heart: if there is an action, there must be a reason; if there is a consequence, there must be an origin. This is why the Apostle says: 'Not that we are sufficient of ourselves' (capable) 'to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God' (2 Cor. 3:5). God Himself lives, and that is why my soul also lives."

      St. John of Kronstadt.

      "For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's." 1 Corinthians 6:20
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1894 of 1894 , Jun 15 5:46 PM

        "It is of great significance if there is a person who truly prays in a family. Prayer attracts God’s Grace and all the members of the family feel it, even those whose hearts have grown cold. Pray always."

        Elder Thaddeus of Vitovnica.

        ------------------------------ -----------------

        "I have trusted in Your mercy; My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation."  Psalm 13:5

        ------------------------------ -----------------

        The Bible reading for the 9th of Baunah, June 16, is:
        13 But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in. 14 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation. 15 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves. 16 Woe to you, blind guides, who say, `Whoever swears by the temple, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gold of the temple, he is obliged to perform it.' 17 Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gold or the temple that sanctifies the gold? 18 And, `Whoever swears by the altar, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gift that is on it, he is obliged to perform it.' 19 Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gift or the altar that sanctifies the gift? 20 Therefore he who swears by the altar, swears by it and by all things on it. 21 He who swears by the temple, swears by it and by Him who dwells in it. 22 And he who swears by heaven, swears by the throne of God and by Him who sits on it. 23 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone. 24 Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel! 25 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of extortion and self-indulgence. 26 Blind Pharisee, first cleanse the inside of the cup and dish, that the outside of them may be clean also. 27 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness. 28 Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness. 29 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you build the tombs of the prophets and adorn the monuments of the righteous, 30 and say, `If we had lived in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.' 31 Therefore you are witnesses against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers' guilt. 33 Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell? 34 Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city, 35 that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation. (Matt. 23:13-36)
        Departure of Samuel the Prophet.
        Martyrdom of St. Lucilianus and four others with him.
        The Relocation of the Relics of St. Philopater Mercurius Known as the Saint with the Two Swords to Cairo.

        The Bible reading for the 10th of Baunah, June 17, is: Luke 21:12-19
        Martyrdom of St. Dabamon.
        Commemoration of the Closing of the Pagan Temples and Opening of the Churches.
        Departure of St. Yoannis the 16th, 103rd Pope of Alexandria.
        The Enthronement of Pope Demitrius II, 111th Pope of Alexandria.

        The Bible reading for the 11th of Baunah, June 18, is: Luke 5:17-26
        Martyrdom of St. Claudius.
        Commemoration of the Consecration of the Altar of the Forty Martyrs in Alexandria.

        ------------------------------ -----------------

        Prayer Requests:

        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.
        Anthony Cacho - Recovery from heart surgery on 6/1 (valve replacement and bypass). Also, his wife for comfort.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.
        Sam - Drugs Addiction.
        B.E.
        Yaga - Cancer.