Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1987 , Feb 23, 2010
      "To produce something new is always a gamble, and God's creation of man in His image and after His likeness involved a certain degree of risk. It was not that He risked introducing an element of instability or shock into His Eternal Being but that to give man god-like freedom shut the door against predestination in any form. Man is at full liberty to determine himself negatively in relation to God - even to enter into conflict with Him. As infinite love, the Heavenly Father cannot abandon man whom He created for eternity, in order to impart to him His divine plenitude. He lives with us our human tragedy. We appreciate this risk, so breath-taking in its majesty, when we contemplate the life of Christ on earth."

      Archimandrite Sophrony.

      "Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice! Have mercy also upon me, and answer me." Psalms 27:7
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1987 of 1987 , Nov 8 5:12 PM

        "Children, I beseech you to correct your hearts and thoughts, so that you may be pleasing to God. Consider that although we may reckon ourselves to be righteous and frequently succeed in deceiving men, we can conceal nothing from God. Let us therefore strive to preserve the holiness of our souls and to guard the purity of our bodies with all fervor. Ye are the temple of God, says the divine Apostle Paul; If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy."

        St. Nicholas of Myra, The Great Collection of the Lives of the Saints.

        "Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me."  Psalm 51:10

        The Bible reading for the 30th of Babah, November 9, is:
        1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. 2 As it is written in the Prophets: Behold, I send My messenger before Your face, Who will prepare Your way before You. 3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness: `Prepare the way of the Lord; Make His paths straight.' 4 John came baptizing in the wilderness and preaching a baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. 5 Then all the land of Judea, and those from Jerusalem, went out to him and were all baptized by him in the Jordan River, confessing their sins. 6 Now John was clothed with camel's hair and with a leather belt around his waist, and he ate locusts and wild honey. 7 And he preached, saying, There comes One after me who is mightier than I, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to stoop down and loose. 8 I indeed baptized you with water, but He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit. 9 It came to pass in those days that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized by John in the Jordan. 10 And immediately, coming up from the water, He saw the heavens parting and the Spirit descending upon Him like a dove. 11 Then a voice came from heaven, You are My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. (Mark 1:1-11)
        Commemoration of the Consecration of the Church of St. Mark the Evangelist and the Appearance of His Holy Head.
        Departure of St. Ibrahim (Ibraham) the Hermit.

        The Bible reading for the 1st of Hatour, November 10, is: John 10:1-16
        Martyrdom of the Saints Maximus, Numitius, Victor (Boctor), and Philip (Philopus).
        Commemoration of Saint Cleopas the Apostle and His Companion.

        Prayer Requests:

        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.
        Urgent: Magda - Cancer.